Best befriending service?

Soldato
Hi,
After one for an elderly relative with dementia. Obviously try to visit as much as time allows but working means there 10hrs+ a day when no one can.

Can anyone recommend one?

Thinking Age UK but no response.

Soldato
Don't be fobbed off? They're a charity that relies on volunteers.

I don't get your offense/trigger.

The OP has been in contact with Age UK and hasn't had a response. I'm not saying to have a go at anyone, merely keep trying to contact them until you get a reply.

And btw, shop managers and above are all paid staff, sauce: OH works for them, albeit not the OPs area.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
We had to get a carer in who helps my grandma, really takes the strain off all of us knowing someone is always there when we can't be.

Perhaps something to look into.

Caporegime
Carers are a bit different, they come in with specific tasks to do and then leave and can be under time pressure if local authority, perhaps less so if paying privately but it isn't the same thing.

I think the charity suggestions above are a good call. You might also want to try say church groups etc.. sometimes there will be say a weekly a lunch club etc... you can bring them along to, which that doesn't solve the daily thing it might give them some connections etc... with the rest of the community that they don't already have and could lead to more visitors etc..

Back
Top Bottom