Best chair up to £300?

Soldato
I bought an AK racing one for £160ish a couple of years ago. Most comfortable chair I've owned and still looks as good as good as new after quite heavy use :)

It's a cloth one, but I don't like leather chairs.

Soldato
I got myself a dark grey cloth Markus chair from Ikea (I also don't like leather chairs) and can say I'm extremely happy with it.

Associate
Think of how many hours you spend on your seat at the PC over its lifetime.

£300/those hours. It works out very cheap for nice comfort.

Meh

I'm happy with a £50 operator chair and even that I consider too much, more than comfortable enough, also no arms because they just get in the way. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I just ordered a refurbished (new leather) Humanscale Freedom chair with headrest for the total of £242.10. Incredible that they are a grand from JL!

I'm expecting it to be lovely :p

how was your chair happy with it ? i have been looking at used Humanscale chairs for a while on the auction place.

Associate
I'll be interested to see pics and a review of it when it turns up as this is on my shortlist together with a steelcase leap 2. Also, wherever did you get it for that price as they are £299 on 2ndhnd?

Associate
Ikea Markus is the benchmark once your budget goes above £150 you have to weigh the 2nd hand ergonomic chair market vs. "gaming chairs" (which aren't really gaming chairs at all)

Personally I'd stick to Steelcase but be warned their aftermarket care is geared towards businesses and care plans not the 2nd hand market.

Associate
Personally I would avoid Vertagear, Bought an SL5000 back in 2015, the seat cushion fell apart within 2 months,
I got it replaced under warranty which was OK, but then gas piston started giving up and randomly dropping a few months back,
then finally the backrest gave way a couple of nights ago with a loud clunk, seems like part of the frame has snapped.
Maybe I just got unlucky with QC but its enough to make me not want to buy their products again!

Associate
Guys what chair would you recommend for someone being 6ft 4 and around 15stone

budget 300-400

Id like a chair to can tilt back, up and down of course etc etc

Also somthing really really comfy for my ass lol

Associate
I got myself a dark grey cloth Markus chair from Ikea (I also don't like leather chairs) and can say I'm extremely happy with it.
Curious regarding this - you say cloth, but I don't see that as an option on the IKEA site? According to IKEA...
  • Basematerial: Through dyed grain leather from cattle, with a treated, embossed and pigmented surface
Being yet another person who is not keen on leather, I'd love to know how to get a cloth version of this chair as it might swing me that way!

EDIT: To answer my own question, BoB you derp, pick from the options on the drop down menu to change the material. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom