Best Cheap Action Camera? - Mountain biking

Associate
I'm after a good camera to put on the top of the helmet (as my current helmet already has a fixed mounting point for one)

As it's my first camera I'm not wanting to spend £300+, was more looking towards second hand £100-£150.

What is the best for my price range?

I'm guessing MTB will want at least 60fps? Or does 30fps not look much different?

4k be nice but I'd be happy with 2k.

Already been looking at the YI 4k and the Go Pro Hero 5.

Soldato
I'd probably go for a Yi Action Cam or something. GoPros are a bit overrated IMO. There's some half decent videos on Youtube shot with Yi's cameras, and they cost a fraction of the GoPro's. Might get one myself!

*The Yi Lite Action Cam looks alright.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'd probably go for a Yi Action Cam or something. GoPros are a bit overrated IMO. There's some half decent videos on Youtube shot with Yi's cameras, and they cost a fraction of the GoPro's. Might get one myself!

*The Yi Lite Action Cam looks alright.

Thanks mate I'll look into that, seen the 4k one on facebook second hand for £70, not the 4k+ just the 4k.

Trying to figure out if the 4k is better than the Lite

Associate
OP
4k one does 4k vid at 30fps.
Lite I think does 4k at 20fps which is pretty unusable.

Neither will stabilise 4k footage though by the looks of it. Their site is pretty useful actually.

Yeah I need at least 60fps tbh, shame there is no 2k@60fps

I guess I will have to settle with 1080p 60fps if I'm spending less than £200 by the looks of it.

Associate
OP
Okay just managed to find the steal of the year,

not sure if scam but I'm giving it ago,

£27 for Session 5, 48 sold in last 24 hour... going like hot cakes.

ID: 233207499522

Back
Top Bottom