best cheap ish fan for wattercooling

Associate
Hello

this is will be first ever time wattercooling so sorry for noob questions
i was wondering what would be a good fan to go with, i am currently looking at Aerocool Ds 140 would these be able to push enough air through a 280 rad (radiator)

thanks for taking time to help ;)

Soldato
My recommendation would be get a good fan now as you can reuse them if you upgrade or change your loop later.

EK varder for example are highly regarded for radiator fans.

Associate
OP
after comparing the corsair ml to the ek stats eg air flow, static pressure and noise, i'm edging more towards the corsair ml as lower price tag, lower noise and 5 years warranty. the 5 years warranty will be the hard to beat factor

Associate
OP
Permabanned
The fan is the same in 140mm. Nice is quiet, you can run the fans all the time as there so quiet so you don't get noise from fans ramping up and down

Associate
My first choice for low cost would be the Corsair ML140's. They are a good fan, that do well in radiator cooling applications and they have a wider range of RPM than most other fans. For a better quality fan, then choose a Noiseblocker. Expensive but all you can hear is the woooosh of air they produce.

Associate
My vote would be either on the ML's or the Vardars , i recently swapped out my vardars for all ML's, much quieter at low rpms, Vardars tend to hum at low speeds which irritated the hell out of me, dont get me wrong the vardars did a great job but the ML's do it just that little bit better and worth the extra.

Associate
My first choice for low cost would be the Corsair ML140's. They are a good fan, that do well in radiator cooling applications and they have a wider range of RPM than most other fans. For a better quality fan, then choose a Noiseblocker. Expensive but all you can hear is the woooosh of air they produce.
This + 1

Noiseblocker stuff is amazing build quality

Associate
OP
Pretty sure Noiseblockers are 6 year warranty but not 100% certain.

They have a 6 year warranty and 3 fans for 30£ and the 20db, this is a better deal then the ml fans. I'll just need to keep my ear to the ground to deside before pay day. But the noise blockers have my vote now (noise lockers).. just realized these are 120fans not 140

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom