best clip mounting HS for S939?

Associate
Okay. I have the Asrock DUAL SATA2, but for some reason, they decided against putting a backplate on it.

I'm currently running a crappy Akasa thing from Craplins, but want to clock this beastie.

So, what's the best clip-mounting Heatsink out there. Failing a good un (Ideally, it's take a 120mm fan), can I get a backplate for the Asrock (I know thermaltake do one, but I can't find it acvailable in the UK).

all input appreciated,

InSanCen

Soldato
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro I have found pretty good and bonus is its quite cheap too. Quiet and keeps my opty at just about room temperature give or take a degree or too, rises to about 32-34 under gameplay.

Associate
I had an Akasa Evo33 which come with a sturdy backplate. Pretty good cooler but dome do the fan mouting skrews up too tightly, the quality of the metal is c@rp

Associate
I have an Akasa Evo 33 which came with its own backplate as well which is quite strong but the Artic Freezer 64 Pro was rated 'Premium Product' in this months CustomPc and its quite cheaper so I would go for it. Unless you need variable fan control then it is one of the best coolers out there.

Soldato
I'm having the exact same problem.
For me its between a Freezer 64 pro and a big Typhoon/SI-120.

To be honest.. any of the above is a great cooler.. I think I'm probably gonna go for either the Typhoon or the 120.

Soldato
I think I'm gonna go for the Freezer 64 Pro..
It looks pretty unimpressive when compared (looks wise) to the BT but apparently the BT is awkward to fit and only screws to the motherboard using 2 screws!

Now if only I could find a review of a SL 120 to help make my mind up..

Back
Top Bottom