Best cooling for fx60?

Associate
I have Gpower pro on an X2 4400, and it's very good. To be honest you only see a couple of degrees difference @ top speed from the 2200 rpm (a hum rather than a roar) I run it at. Not overclocked but idle is from 27 degrees to 32, dependingon room temp. Never seen higher than 39 when running flat out.

For my Opteron 146 I'm thinking of water cooling or (gulp) phase change, as I bought the chip purely to play about with overclocking. If you spent £800 on a processor I'd have thought a water cooling kit would be a minimum I'd buy to get the most out of it, but understand it's not for everyone. I never tried water before so it will be a step into the unknown for me, gonna read up as much as poss first.

Associate
Water or phase is the way to go, i'm not sure how the fx60's are clocking, but as you've forked out a lot of cash on a cpu, it makes no sense holding it back with air :) especially some £15 cooler.

Soldato
Webzta said:
Water or phase is the way to go, i'm not sure how the fx60's are clocking, but as you've forked out a lot of cash on a cpu, it makes no sense holding it back with air :) especially some £15 cooler.

Yep if your paying out for a FX60 then a very good WC kit (2nd choice really) or even better Phase change is the only way to go.

Soldato
Yep - if you're going to pay that kind of money for a chip that is specifically targetted at the OC'ing market you're got to fork out the extra cash and cool it properly - time to get a Mach II GT for that badboy! (now called a Prometeia 2 (Plain Black BaseUnit) )

Back
Top Bottom