Best courier to collect and deliver parcel

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've used Parcelforce and DPD via parcel2go in the past.
Sending is fine. It is whether they insure it or not. You need to check, otherwise you pay for insurance, then after if it goes missing or breaks they say sorry, but this is not covered under insurance.

Associate
OP
Sending is fine. It is whether they insure it or not. You need to check, otherwise you pay for insurance, then after if it goes missing or breaks they say sorry, but this is not covered under insurance.

Are there any that insure monitors as I can't find any? How much would it cost?

Man of Honour
I never managed to find any who insure monitors. For what it's worth, most manufacturers who send me screens for testing tend to use UPS. I've also personally used yodel a few times and not had any problems with either.

Associate
Whatever you do, avoid Hermes. Bought an XB270HU on eBay and they managed to lose it completely at the depot. Obviously got nicked. Shocking customer service and had to email the CEO to get an admission of loss. Used them in the past a few times and all parcels were damaged to an extent. Terrible company.

Go DPD/UPS/ParcelForce for peace of mind.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Whatever you do, avoid Hermes. Bought an XB270HU on eBay and they managed to lose it completely at the depot. Obviously got nicked. Shocking customer service and had to email the CEO to get an admission of loss. Used them in the past a few times and all parcels were damaged to an extent. Terrible company.

I have used them about 30 times. Only once something went missing, but they located about 2 weeks later and then it arrived. They are not the best, but sometimes they can be much cheaper. If I post early and drop it off, sometimes the person gets the item the next day.

Associate
I think Hermes is very dependent on your local courier as well. The model is that Hermes couriers are self-employed and thus do not get the benefits of a "full employee." A few videos covering the day to day Hermes couriers' lifestyles revealed that many are overworked and underpaid due to this. Let's just say that the attitude of my local Hermes courier doesn't give me confidence posting with them either. YMMV

Associate

We caught DPD recently throwing my wife's repaired laptop (shipped back after repair) from the back of their van with some tremendous velocity on our CCTV (unfortunately for the driver).

The **** went rather pale when I confronted him at the door and pointed out the CCTV cameras. He offered to report it himself but I made him wait while I rang them and explained what we'd just witnessed. DPD and the Bolton based retailer were very interested in the footage I sent them.

They wonder why no one has any trust in delivery companies, seems they haven't learnt since the whistleblower exposed the practices on the Dispatches programme. To do it in the customers own driveway though is a special kind of idiocy.

Best

Wulf

Associate

Yes avoid myhermes, once i had to return a heavy item to amazon and had to get it collected, myhermes didn't collect until the fourth day of having to wait in all day, shockingly bad service.

Back
Top Bottom