• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best CPU for OBS/Wirecast

Associate
Im looking to hopefully build an itx system for editing but I'd also like to use it for live streaming with obs and eventually wirecast using 4k capture cards like Blackmagic deckling. I just wanted to know if anyone could offer any advice? im currently considering AMD Ryzen 9 5950x

Man of Honour
Thw 5950x 16 core is monster and will handle all the above but you will need some decent cooling especially itx build.

I think you probably could get a 12 core cpu like the 5900x that would handle that.

Whats the most intense scenario you pc has to handle ?

Associate
OP
Thw 5950x 16 core is monster and will handle all the above but you will need some decent cooling especially itx build.

I think you probably could get a 12 core cpu like the 5900x that would handle that.

Whats the most intense scenario you pc has to handle ?
I would like to be live stream with 4k cameras in obs probably up to 6-8 of them at once and also do other things in the background like instant replays and stuff while maintaining a smooth stream, if needed I will go atx but I would love if I could keep it mini itx. Plus I will also use it for Davinci Resolve editing

Man of Honour
I would like to be live stream with 4k cameras in obs probably up to 6-8 of them at once and also do other things in the background like instant replays and stuff while maintaining a smooth stream, if needed I will go atx but I would love if I could keep it mini itx. Plus I will also use it for Davinci Resolve editing
Well that 16 core will handle that , but if you get a mitx motherboard there will be no slots for a capture card.

Associate
OP
Well that 16 core will handle that , but if you get a mitx motherboard there will be no slots for a capture card.
yeah I was thinking to get thunderbolt enclosure for when we have streaming jobs as we'd like to be as mobile as possible and have maximum power. im a little worried about multiple 4k cameras in obs though

Last edited:
Man of Honour
yeah I was thinking to get thunderbolt enclosure for when we have streaming jobs as we'd like to be as mobile as possible and have maximum power. im a little worried about multiple 4k cameras in obs though
Excuse my ignorance would that be an external capture card ?

Do you have a list of parts your considering for the pc build ?

Man of Honour
Do they have a forum? Might be a good idea to ask there if they do, or some AV forum.

Associate
OP
Excuse my ignorance would that be an external capture card ?

Do you have a list of parts your considering for the pc build ?
internal card used in a enclosure

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/decklink/techspecs/W-DLK-36
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
dan a4 case
and an affordable gpu that's readily available maybe amd 6700xt
plus as rock motherboard with thunderbolt 3 mini itx otherwise I will just go for an atx case without thunderbolt and put the capture card internally

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom