Best credit card in terms of rewards?

I took out an amex everyday card earlier this year and have built up £150 cash back.
Keep an eye the savings things as well.

L9iV9C2.png

Curious what sort of offers you generally use, all I seem to get is silly offers like £300 off £800 spend at Burberry, £75 off £300 spend at Mayfair hotels... I'm more of a £75 premier inn kinda guy :p
Same.
Never used an Amex offer except "shop small".

But I'm not into gucci belts. Not with my salary.

Curious what sort of offers you generally use, all I seem to get is silly offers like £300 off £800 spend at Burberry, £75 off £300 spend at Mayfair hotels... I'm more of a £75 premier inn kinda guy :p
I've had 10% off at Morrisons a few times, £5 off at Aldi, £75 off at Holiday Inn (IHG), LNER/TP Express - a few that spring to mind.

Personally, I recommend the M&S credit card.

You get four points for every £ spent at M&S and one point for every £ spent elsewhere.

For me, this translates into £40 - £50 a month of vouchers that can be spent on anything in M&S (includes food, clothing and homeware) They also send me far to many free hot drink vouchers, that I never use. :D

Is a lot when many places don't take Amex and most host hold bills are DD.

I'd say my total yearly spend on card stuff is 10-15k but some big ticket places don't take Amex.
Ebay have just stopped too.
The really big one for me is that the company I book most holidays with don't take Amex. Which wipes 3000-5000 a year off the Amex spend.
Paypal funded by Amex. Sorted

Does that affect the section 75 protection you get from the card, with having paypal in the chain as well?

Yea I'd be concerned about this too.

I don't like PayPal, I've used them briefly but I've seen/read many horror stories, plus I contacted them and went through the process of deleting my PayPal account completely, and yet despite that they occasionally send me emails which are addressed to me......

On the subject, I also have a Tesco CC, and yup, the rewards are not great these days, I'm also not particularly impressed with them moving over to Barclays although I guess in theory nothing should change.

I CBA with Amex though, Amazon credit cards were great before, through Newday, but I think they have all really tightened up recently.

Basically I just don't think I can be arsed to change from Tesco now.

Yeah the amazon one wasn't bad.
Does seem like the tesco one is the last reward based one. Even though tesco have nerfed the 3x to 2x and the rate of point accrual has been nerfed too.

I guess the golden age of rewards is waning.

I don’t really think best can be said here. Depends on so many things. I mean companion vouchers etc are pointless if you only fly EU economy. Airmiles can be good for rentals but they are very much a flier thing.

With a companion voucher I just flew back from Bahamas for £250 and 45k miles business class for example

I noticed T212 are doing 1.5% cashback on debit card, but only untill November, then 0.5% after. Will be a use for someone, but not me currently. £5 delivery fee for card or free for digital card.

Is a lot when many places don't take Amex and most host hold bills are DD.

I'd say my total yearly spend on card stuff is 10-15k but some big ticket places don't take Amex.
Ebay have just stopped too.
The really big one for me is that the company I book most holidays with don't take Amex. Which wipes 3000-5000 a year off the Amex spend.

You'd be pretty surprised now to be honest at the number of places which accept Amex. A lot of smaller shops now use the Sumup style card machines and they accept it.

Back
Top Bottom