Best credit card that gives flight lounge Access as a perk

Soldato
Gold Amex is probably your best bet , just. Just cancel after a year , be warned though you will only have access to cough cough inferior lounges .

Rule of thumb for flying don't bother with lounge acees or business class if your European short-haul. Three houf flights are just close your eyes and you arrive.

Long haul for me is a different story , slumming it at the back of the plane with the peasants and a quick coffee at Costa doesn't cut it anymore so I pay the extra and fly businesses class , it really is worth the extra if you can afford it.

Me slumming it at the Cathy Pacific lounge at LHR T3 last month, probably the worst lounge ge at Heathrow I've travelled though, oh no I forgot Turkish Air was a dump. I had BA gold status first a while , the Galleries lounge at T5 was epic , almost missed a plane to JFK once.

You can with some airlines pay for lounge acess so worth looking on the relevant website , Emirates charged me £150 in Dubai , work paid for that.

Last edited:
Associate
Lloyds world elite card can be useful to have when not flying Biz. Gets you unlimited lounge access at many airports (It's basically priority pass, access using your credit card), and fast track at many (Not always both at the same airport). fast track has to be pre booked. So far I've used it for FT and lounge at STN, and Lounge at BFS and tenerife. STN is notorious for getting full so no guarantee.

Take out a supplemental card for your partner (no additional cost) and that gets him/her the same benefits, just carry both cards when flying for lounge access.

Also 0.5% CB on all spending, spend £15K in the year and you get 1% on the remaining spending that year.

Lounge access is great for a short haul weekend break, you can get a nice couple of drinks in there to start the break nice and relaxed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom