Best defragger?

Associate
If you have some cash to burn then I can highly recommend O&O. If your looking for a free program then either JK Defrag or IObit SmartDefrag are both excellent, I prefer SmartDefrag out of the two.

Man of Honour
Just started using JKDefrag due to it being native 64bit and having a VERY fast screensaver (no delay between it loading and closing).

I set screensaver to load after 5mins no activity and to turn off the monitor after 10mins so system is kept in good nick all the and energy saving \m/.

Was quite fragmented too...

jkdefrag.jpg

Associate
I tried JkDefrag and must admit I didn't like the way I had no control at all. It just started on Drive C: without any options. I have two physical drives in four partitions and I know that E: is most prone to fragmentation. So I think I'll stick to Defraggler.

Soldato
JKDefrag + JKDefrag GUI in order to easily specify JKDefrags options (JKDefrag does have them, they are just command line), also offers an easier way to keep it up to date.

As with most of these defrag programs, they are simply using the inbuilt windows defrag library, so in reality they are nearly all doing the same "task" just with a different GUI and some slight variations of option naming etc and nicer GUIs etc.

Even the expensive ones tend to use the inbuilt defrag library, its the only truly safe way they can integrate a program of this nature within a live OS environment.

Back
Top Bottom