Best eSIM plans?

Soldato
I'm with EE and get 500 minutes of talk, unlimited texts and 26GB of data (extra rollover data as I don't use much), which costs me £9 a month. I'm pretty happy with the network but want to swap to an eSIM rather than the nano SIM I currently use. I've hunted around and haven't been able to find any 30-day rolling contracts with a decent network that offers eSIMs.

I'm probably missing something obvious, but which network are you with, and how much does it cost?

Last edited:
Confused, you said you want to swap to an eSIM rather than nano, why not just move your current EE plan onto eSIM? Or are you looking for a second line?

Confused, you said you want to swap to an eSIM rather than nano, why not just move your current EE plan onto eSIM? Or are you looking for a second line?
I need a second line. I talked to EE, and they said I would have to come into my local shop to get it sorted, but if I can just sign up directly with a new plan that features an eSIM, It would be much better for me.

Ideally, I'd have two eSIMs and no physical SIM.

I need a second line. I talked to EE, and they said I would have to come into my local shop to get it sorted, but if I can just sign up directly with a new plan that features an eSIM, It would be much better for me.

Ideally, I'd have two eSIMs and no physical SIM.

That's weird, I done my move from nano to eSIM using their app, didn't have to go into store or anything.

Virgin mobile do an esim with 20Gb monthly with rollover for £7 a month
Thank you. I'll check it out.
That's weird, I done my move from nano to eSIM using their app, didn't have to go into store or anything.
I think it was because I was on the 31-day rolling contract rather than an 18-month contract or something. At least, that is what I remember them saying.

Phone EE and try to negotiate a good price plan on eSIM?

For the last 3+ years I’ve been paying £5.45 for unlimited minutes/texts and 40gb data, that’s nano sim monthly plan, I’m also thinking about moving to eSIM myself.

Last edited:
Dunno, I don't use them, its a 30 day rolling contract, its not 100% clear on their web site but it doesn't look like there is any minimum term other than 30 days. But you have to give 30 days notice if you want to leave, so you'd have to take out the contract and then give notice on the same day I guess. Probably worth contacting them.

I had to trawl for eSim plans when I decided to dual sim my work iPhone with my personal line. I don’t even need any data as I get unlimited via the work package. I did find you could only get eSim from the big four/five providers directly (eg no resellers like Giff Gaff which I was previously with) and yes you had to sign up for a contract.

I found a good O2 deal for 12 months which is unfortunately finishing this month and going up to £14pcm :o Anyone know any decent ones? Just need some minutes, no data :o

Last edited:
I'm tempted to go with the Three unlimited everything plan for £19 a month. I would have preferred to stay on a monthly rolling contract, but it isn't too bad if I get everything I need for £19 from a 12-month contract.

Is there anything I should be aware of before I pull the trigger?

If I sign up with a Three SIM-only deal, will it automatically come with an eSIM? I can't find an option on the checkout forms saying you want an eSIM rather than a physical SIM card. It'll be a 12-month contract SIM-only deal.

I mean, the actual speed you get.

They change them often but their current line up is -

Great speeds - max. 25 Mbps
Great for basic app usage and social media, browse with uninterrupted timeline loading and fast up/downloads.

Excellent speeds - max. 100 Mbps
Ultra HD streaming, catch up on your favourite shows on the go, good for live stream gaming.

Our best speeds - no max. speed
Best quality streaming, ultra high-speed load times for a brilliant gaming experience either on your device or casted to the big screen..

I mean, the actual speed you get.

They change them often but their current line up is -

Great speeds - max. 25 Mbps
Great for basic app usage and social media, browse with uninterrupted timeline loading and fast up/downloads.

Excellent speeds - max. 100 Mbps
Ultra HD streaming, catch up on your favourite shows on the go, good for live stream gaming.

Our best speeds - no max. speed
Best quality streaming, ultra high-speed load times for a brilliant gaming experience either on your device or casted to the big screen..

Have never checked or noticed the speed mentioned in my plan, will take another look next time I’m on my account. It’s likely the lowest or mid tier though I guess.

Last edited:
Since I started this thread, I've been looking at all the deals available. I was on the Uswitch website and saw this deal:

I think that is good value, and according to the Three coverage checker, there is 5G where I live. I had a chat with their online chat, and they made it sound like I could only get an eSIM if I went directly with Three. Does anyone know if you can get an eSIM through the Uswitch deal?

Back
Top Bottom