Best fan speed adjuster program?

Associate
I'm wanting to slow down the speed of two case fans and was wondering what programs are best for doing this.

I've done a quick search on google and found "Speedfan" and downloaded, although from first impressions it doesnt look that great.

What programs do other people use?

Soldato
Speedfan is a good program for reducing speeds of fans, but it only works if the fan socket its connected to allows you to change the speeds.

By this i mean i have cpu connecter (allows speed change) and for other 4 headers, out of the other 4 only 2 allow speed changing.

Its all about checking which allows and which don't, allternativly you could get a drivebay fan controller.

Or use PWM fans.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply.

I like the overall look of speed fan and the features it has. Although when I'm changing the speeds of the fans where it says 100%, down to say 50%, the speed of said fans, do not then change :(

You mentioned a socket that allows fan speeds to be changed, now I'm using several Noctua NF-P12 fans and 3 Scythe S-Flex fans

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh not all motherboard fan headers allow manual control of the speeds, out of 6 total on my mobo, only 3 allow control.

The ones that stay at the same speed when u try and change them will be plugged into fan headers that don't allow speed control.

With many fans its probably best to have them all connected up to a fan controller in the drivebay, that way its a little turn of the nobs if u need more speed.

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks I'll look into getting a drive bay fan ajuster for my Silverstone case.
You know of any to recommend? Would need to be black and brushed Aluminium front
would have though my EvGA 780i would allow for speed change but never mind, live and learn!

Edit

I'm thinking maybe this...
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BB-001-ZA&groupid=701&catid=1428&subcat=1429

Thoughts?

Perfect choice ;)

I have the exact same one in my Silverstone Fortress and it's great :)

Soldato
Thanks I'll look into getting a drive bay fan ajuster for my Silverstone case.
You know of any to recommend? Would need to be black and brushed Aluminium front
would have though my EvGA 780i would allow for speed change but never mind, live and learn!

Edit

I'm thinking maybe this...
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BB-001-ZA&groupid=701&catid=1428&subcat=1429

Thoughts?

Yeh took me a lot of fan cable switching to figure out which of my fan headers allowed speed changing lol.

I just use a cheap and cheerfull fan controller atm, 1 channel is dead lol, ahwell u get what you pay for.

The one you linked to is very nice indeed, thats gonna be my next purchase once iv finished my water setup.

Back
Top Bottom