• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best fanless gpu?

Soldato
You won't find anything more powerful than that as an out of the box solution. Even those x50 Ti KalmX cards realistically need some case airflow, as they get very hot without any. There are some giant aftermarket heatsinks like the Raijintek Morpheus lineup that you can buy which might be able to run passively on something slightly more powerful, but you'd need to check compatibility and also go through the hassle of fitting it. In my opinion, you'd be much better off just getting a card with fans. Most stop under no/light load these days anyway, and there are some extremely quiet cards out there even under full load.

Soldato
Rather than making baseless claims and spouting rubbish I can talk from experience. I have previously owned both a 750ti Kalm x and a 1050ti kalm x. I found both to hold their clocks and operate without problems. In fact my 750ti wouldn’t go over 55oc (it was close to a case fan).

You can see from this review it’s ‘as good’ as a stock ‘fanned’ 1050ti.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_1050_Ti_KalmX/30.html

All that said if you need a more powerful option there are plenty of ‘silent’ fanned GPUs in the market.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
You could quite easily buy any 1050Ti and just lock the fan speed low enough to be inaudible and it'd still work perfectly. Those cards run ridiculously cool. The wife has the ITX single fan MSI one and it's at like 50-55C flat out gaming and you can't hear it at all.

Soldato
Rather than making baseless claims and spouting rubbish I can talk from experience. I have previously owned both a 750ti Kalm x and a 1050ti kalm x. I found both to hold their clocks and operate without problems. In fact my 750ti wouldn’t go over 55oc (it was close to a case fan).

You can see from this review it’s ‘as good’ as a stock ‘fanned’ 1050ti.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_1050_Ti_KalmX/30.html

All that said if you need a more powerful option there are plenty of ‘silent’ fanned GPUs in the market.

He wants a 6GB card, does that exists without fan? No. How's I make baseless claims?
Also is it baseless claim that £180 it too expensive for a 1050Ti performance?

Soldato
He wants a 6GB card, does that exists without fan? No. How's I make baseless claims?
Also is it baseless claim that £180 it too expensive for a 1050Ti performance?
Because you quoted the 1050ti link and said ‘even this card needs needs very good airflow with multiple fans throttle like mad etc’

And yet you have nothing to base that on. No experience, no reviews to demonstrate an ill thought out and baseless claim.

Soldato
i have a single fan evga 1060 and its loud as fk.

Take off the shroud and the fan, and add a proper fan to it with cable-ties. Use a GPU PWM adapter like this:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £6.69 (includes shipping: £2.74)​

As for the fan size, measure the GPU heatsink, and use either 92mm or 120mm fan:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £55.84 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

It will be a lot quieter. Even quieter if you download Afterburner and set a custom fan profile.

Back
Top Bottom