Best floor for a greenhouse?

Soldato
I have recently put up a greenhouse and would like to know what kind of flooring materials I should use.

The greenhouse was put up on some grass, so the floor has been covered for the last couple of months to kill/suppress the grass. I was planning on putting some polythene sheet down with loads and loads of holes punched in it followed be about three inches of 20mm crushed gravel. Does that sound ok or are there any other alternatives I should consider? I can do the above for £45 odd quid. I'd prefer cheaper options tbh.

I plan to do all my growing in pots/grow bags, so don't need access to the earth.

Many thanks :)

Soldato
OP
you should have put a small base down first to put the greenhouse on, shouldnt have put it on to the grass, if youre wanting cheap which by the looks of things you are, put plantex down (breathable weed resistant fabric) then put gravel on top.

Sorry - should have said - the greenhouse has been placed on a levelled ring beam of 6"x4"x2' concrete slabs/kerbstones, but the floor is just earth.

Back
Top Bottom