Best Freesync for vega 64 system?

Associate
Just built my system over the weekend including sapphire 64 nitro, and now looking at monitors, but it’s a minefield!

I’m flexible on cash but don’t want to waste money. Can’t decide between

Decent 1440 27” or slightly larger? Or UW

Lots seem to be older gen IPS, with the newer ones now seeming to be replaced by VA. I thought IPS was general considered better, but is VA catching up now? Although not that’s many newer ones and seems like lots of older tech and not that much reduced prices

Trying to get a shortlist ready for hopefully BF extra reductions

I’m lost really so thought it start a post for input / comments.

Thanks

Associate
Associate
Im looking for a 1440p monitor to pair with my vega 64, budget around £300 ish, ive currently got dual 1080p 60hz monitors , dunno weather to go dual monitors again or maybe ultrawide

Associate
Im looking for a 1440p monitor to pair with my vega 64, budget around £300 ish, ive currently got dual 1080p 60hz monitors , dunno weather to go dual monitors again or maybe ultrawide
I have had nearly the same setup. The BenQ 28" I just bought looks good, Freesync works out of the box, the size is good on a normal desk. It comes with an HDMI cable and may need a special DP cable to make HDR work over DP. I ordered one and wait for it to be delivered Friday.

On my normal DP cable, I get only "HDR emulated" and it looks a bit weird/grey if you turn it on in the display settings of Windows.

On HDMI (HDR comes spot on):
If you watch a low resolution video on i.e. Amazon Prime, the dark parts are very blocky pure black and it looks not good. Especially watching Samuel Jackson in a dark car is nearly impossible (watched Jacky Brown).
The Youtube icon in the browser is extreme bright glowing red. If you watch high resolution (1080p) Youtube videos in fullscreen (either 2K or 4K), it looks very good.
Playing Pathfinder Kingmaker (2K or 4K) looks very good, those plant caves, it all glows much more and looks great.

I bought a 32" curved Samsung for £700 beginning this year and it broke in the first month, because I wanted to get to the connectors and the thing is sooo huge. While tipping it slightly over, the screen touched a bottle standing on the table and that was it.

Associate
OP
There are some monitors right around the corner, and for my Vega 64-system, I'll go with one of those. Spent some time with an UW btw, but to me, it's simply to large and with 32" being to tall, 27" is my sweetspot.

Here's my shortlist:

27" 1440p 144hz curved VA FreeSync 2: https://www.monitornerds.com/aoc-ag273qcx-preview/

27" 1440p 144hz non-curved IPS FreeSync: https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/BE/content/series/nitroxv2

Thanks, they look interesting!

Ref VA vs IPS. I’ve had a plasma tv before hen moved onto LG oled now, am I likely to be frustrated by “black” on the IPS vs VA?

TN completed ruled out, but just can’t make my mind up on the other 2

Associate
I not had any issues with smearing, neither on this Asus monitor or the Samsung I had before it, that was also a VA. As nVidia says: It just works. :p

You mean the monitor catched fire or starts playing space invaders whilst you're trying to play happy Mrs chicken?

Back
Top Bottom