Best Gaming Laptop for around £1,000

Soldato
If its being bought for gaming, then for any long term lifespan, the graphics chip is the single most important component. The I7 laptop is a good all round spec no doubt, but its not the best for gaming, the 4570/4650/4670 are all a fair chunk weaker than the 4830, even the mobile version, the 4830 is about 25% faster.

yeah i do agree, its a shame there is no update option on the dell, as that would be a sweet machine

Soldato
Now that I agree on, but then that'll probably cut in too much on thier gaming range and the price would skyrocket to counteract :(

In some ways HP's Envy has positioned itself quite nicely here; more expensive but thinner, smaller, I7 and 4830, and longer battery life. Downside being the resolution and I seem to remember it might not have an internal optical drive (could be wrong there!), and then it's starting to move towards the G860/AW M15x prices.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah buying a gaming laptop is hard work and expensive!

maybe a shuttle system like mine is a better option its portable but you need to lug a screen around :D

no real answer i guess laptops have shelve lifes and the spec is never top of the range compared to desktops, guess you gotta find a middle ground with budget and needs, for me the dell was a smart buy, any i7 lappy for under £700 is a steal, i would have purchased with a lesser gcard, as it is the 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HP 4570 runs l4d2 too, the only game i really play at the moment

Back
Top Bottom