• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best GPU for a 4770k without waste?

1070 to 1080ti is terrible value.
if you aren't going full pc route just don't play the game.
try backpack battles instead, you'll like that:
Surely "just don't play the game" is a little dramatic?
Even dropping the resolution would be better than this?

Utterly pointless change, the 4790K is just a refreshed 4770K, there's barely any difference between them and a huge second hand cost for what they are.

@OP: OC your CPU if you can, it's capable enough for a 6700XT class card.

I'll reiterate: Hit up the MM, I sold a 3060ti (the Nvidia competitor to the 6700XT) on there not so long ago with a couple of years warranty left for £215.

There are good deals to be had that would give you a lot of uplift.

Yeah I'm happy to oc the cpu. I believe it was at 3.9 before some reset ages ago. But I never needed it.

Yeah 215 ish is what I was hoping for.
I suspect the 1070 has some value too

Just perused the mm and does look like the 6700xt/3060ti are in what I hope to pay.

And probably the last upgrade for this PC. (possibly my last ever upgrade tbh)

I'll have a look at comparisons etc but this seems thr be the best bang for buck before getting into the "new system" which would blow my budget out of the water.

Just perused the mm and does look like the 6700xt/3060ti are in what I hope to pay.

And probably the last upgrade for this PC. (possibly my last ever upgrade tbh)

I'll have a look at comparisons etc but this seems thr be the best bang for buck before getting into the "new system" which would blow my budget out of the water.

Stick a post in the wanted section and keep an eye on new posts in the for sale section.

Thanks a lot all

Seen some BG3 benches. And on a non cpu limited (I assume) benchmark it looks like a 6700xt/3060ti would net 30-35 average fps above 1070

That would take me over 60fps.

Thats absolutely fine for a game like BG3

Last edited:
Go big or go home. 3080. Seriously though, a 2070 Super is a great card for £200-£225 or so, but then you're getting very close to a 6700XT if you start edging towards £300.

Go big or go home. 3080. Seriously though, a 2070 Super is a great card for £200-£225 or so, but then you're getting very close to a 6700XT if you start edging towards £300.
I'd argue the 2070s is worth more in the region of 180 in the current market. Still a good choice though.

The 3060ti beats the 2080S in raw performance in the odd scenario, although generally it sits closer to a 2080.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom