best hd to get ???

Soldato
im wanting a hd tv 26" and im going to be using itas my pc monitor and for my 360, im prefrably wanting freeview inbuilt so no faffing on realy ...... im wantong to spend £400 on it max aswell al though i know one of the tvs is 440 which im willing to strech to

Samsung 26" LE26R72BX £400

Samsung 26" LE26R87BDX £440

can any tell me the main difference between them aswell??

any help apprieciated

Permabanned
knowlesy said:
im wanting a hd tv 26" and im going to be using itas my pc monitor and for my 360, im prefrably wanting freeview inbuilt so no faffing on realy ...... im wantong to spend £400 on it max aswell al though i know one of the tvs is 440 which im willing to strech to

Samsung 26" LE26R72BX £400

Samsung 26" LE26R87BDX £440

can any tell me the main difference between them aswell??

any help apprieciated

3 HDMIs and the blacks on the R87s are awesome. Surely you can get the 32" for not much extra.

Caporegime
knowlesy said:
blacks ??? huh :confused:

he's talking about black levels on the TV

watch a DVD, chances are its not in 16:9 widescreen. It will be in some other resolution native to the film (cant remember it, but google if you want to know)

so to watch it back without any of it being chopped off or squashed, you need to watch it in letterbox format with black bars. One of the biggest criticisms of the older R74 model (r87 is this years model) is that the black levels of the set werent great. In fact, the black looked more like a grey.

The R74 also only had 1 HDMI. So say you plug your PS3, or Xbox 360 elite in. Where do you plug your Sky +, your PVR, your apple tv, your HD camcorder, etc... you get the picture

the R87 is this years model, and manufacturers very rarely make a worse overall tv than last years model.

Soldato
Go for the 32" as not much more but screen size is a lot bigger.

Great TVs BTW I have bought 2 and my bro got one as well.

Back
Top Bottom