Best Linux Distro for Acer Aspire One?

JC

JC

Soldato
it turned out to be my USB stick in the end.

I found another 1gig stick and it booted fine from it.

So far tried crunchbang, easy peasy and I've now formatted again and I've just installed Ubuntu 9 UNR which so far seems to be the best for the bunch IMO.

Any reason why? I'm thinking of getting a netbook and have noticed all of those but not had the chance to try them out, would appreciate your thoughts. :)

Soldato
I found almost all my hardware worked with no additional tweaking needed, which is great for a Linux noob like me. It also seems to run nice and fast, despite it having a little more eye candy compared to things like crunchbang. :)

I did quite like the conky keyboard shortcuts on crunchbang tho, tho I'm sure I may be able to set up ubuntu 9 UNR in a similar way.

Soldato
Yeah UNR is horribly simple. It was almost... boring! With nothing to fix! It's ok, i made mine dual boot with XP and now there's plenty of problems to work on ;)

How was Crunchbang mike? How much work did it take to get it up and running on the ZG5? We have the same netbook you see and i like the look of crunchbang, but if it's going to be a proper mission i wont bother.

Soldato
Yeah UNR is horribly simple. It was almost... boring! With nothing to fix! It's ok, i made mine dual boot with XP and now there's plenty of problems to work on ;)

How was Crunchbang mike? How much work did it take to get it up and running on the ZG5? We have the same netbook you see and i like the look of crunchbang, but if it's going to be a proper mission i wont bother.
Crunchbang is good, the Wifi didn't work straight away but after I turned it on and off again it sprang into life.

It didn't take that long really, apart from adding a new kernel then running the update thingy I didn't really do much more setting up than that.

One thing I have found with UNR is that it makes youtube vids choppy, I think I may have installed the wrong flash plugin for firefox. :o

Back
Top Bottom