Best monitors for Eyefinity setup?

Associate
Hi all,

Going to get myself a nice eyefinity setup. I'll buy 1 or 2 now and get the third at Christmas as buying them all at once will hurt the ole balance a bit.

What would you all suggest as good choices, preferably in the <£200 per screen range. 23-24" sizes. So I've saw these:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-055-DE&groupid=17&catid=1425&subcat=
and
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-097-IY&groupid=17&catid=510&subcat=

I like the look of the second one due to slim bezels. But the Dell has adjustable height etc. Any other ideas?

Associate
OP
You are not the first person I have read that says that. While I am not arguing that it is probably true, somehow I find it hard to beleive :D

Associate
OP
That sounds like an arguement on why to just use one screen :p.
Think I'll just get the Dells, good quality and height adjustable which will be nice. Will their high response time of 8ms make any difference? Since 2 or 5ms seems the norm.

Soldato
I doubt 8ms would be a problem, when i had eyefinity i used monitors with 5ms response and cant see an extra 3ms making much difference.

I dont want to put you off but the reason i dumped eyefinity was because i realy only watched the center screen, but having said that i do miss it sometimes and wish i had kept it, i think thats the thing with being a pc gamer we are never satisfied

Associate
OP
Exactly! I have a strong suspicion that this will force me into buying another GPU for crossfire to run fully. But then again, we are called 'enthusiasts' for a reason :)

Soldato
im looking to See if its doable to use 2 19" 4.3 monitors at the side of my 27" 120hz so i would have 120hz and 3d for one screen or i could use the 3 screens in eyefinity when i felt like it then i would truly have it all

Soldato
im looking to See if its doable to use 2 19" 4.3 monitors at the side of my 27" 120hz so i would have 120hz and 3d for one screen or i could use the 3 screens in eyefinity when i felt like it then i would truly have it all

Nope - in Eyefinity all of the monitors have to display the same resolution.

So, assuming your 19" screens are 1280x1024, your centre screen will also have to run at 1280x1024, giving you a total screen resolution across all 3 screens of 3840x1024

Soldato
Thats what i thought but amd have stated eyefinity will work with different screen sizes and res, mabe it could but then mabe it would look uter rubbish. But looks to be a non starter as i cant find anybody thats done it. Shame realy as i found 3x16.9 just too wide for my liking

Soldato
It doesn't work and AMD don't care, been waiting five years for it. Go for the 120Hz Samsung, have you tried 120hz? It's for gaming right, get that the Dells are slow as. You can debezel the samsungs too they have really thin bezels underneath the plastic.

Back
Top Bottom