Best mouse/sensor for FPS right now (March 2017)

Associate
Do you think I'd notice much difference if I upgraded my G5 to one of the above mentioned mice?
I'm currently playing Battlefield 1 and wondering whether to change.

Loved my G5's, I've tried loads of other mice since my last one packed up and the one I keep going back to is the G502.

Associate
OP
I ordered mine elsewhere, that was 2015. Dunno how it works nowadays.

But really, I'd stay away.

I'm going to stick with my 403 but was just curious.

It took me a while to get used to the 403, kept switching back to my MX518 and G400S as the shell felt so comfortable! I guess thats because I've been using it for the past 12 years.

I then realised the 403 is super light in comparison, and my mouse mat was too fast. Since adjusting both I've noticed better results for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Rather than start a new thread - what on earth has happened to the Avago 3310 sensor? I had my hands on a few mice using it awhile back nearer when it first came out (including a FK2 before the BenQ branding was slapped on them) and preferred the 3090 but didn't notice anything too bad but my last FK Pro has sadly started to develop problems with the scroll wheel so bought a FK2 (BenQ branded) and its horrid - well still more consistent than most sensors but still there is noticeable, masked but undeniably there, erraticism like I've noticed in recent SteelSeries mice :(

(Tried messing with LoD settings, etc. just incase but its definitely an inherent sensor issue).

Think I'm gonna have to open up one of the FK Pros and see if I can fix it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sensors are like netcode. As long as you don't notice anything (lag, skipping, acceleration, jitter, surface issues, spin ups), it's basically doing what it's suppose to. And really, I've had no obvious complains, 3090, 3310, or 3366, which is suppose to be the most resilient.

I did think I had some weird latency (kinda floaty) issues with a 3310, maybe it was a Windows 7 issue, but some of my Zowies felt a bit 'off'.

3360 familly feels good though. No issues whatsoever (G403, Revel, DM1 Pro S), and no 'floaty' feeling. Now, about the shapes...

Man of Honour
Definitely some kind of "floaty" drift on the recent 3310 dunno if its all of them - also borrowed a mouse with the 3360 and TBH personally I find it worse, at least on the surface I use, than the 3090 sensor - possibly a bit better micro detail to the response but it doesn't have the "linear" feel of the 3090. I can see why some would like it as there is a "high resolution" feel to the input for want of a better way to describe it but I think its the point it starts to pick up small detail variants that aren't actually helpful.

Back
Top Bottom