Best Multi tool Sog or Leatherman?

Soldato
OP
Belmit said:
I have three Leathermans; a Micra on my keyring, a Juice in my cutlery draw and a Wave at work. I got the Wave from www.leathermans.co.uk. They do free engraving and postage on orders over £30. For a bit more cash I got the screwdriver attachment and bits which fix onto the top of the tool itself, all together in a leather belt pouch. Also, someone already said it but you can send Leathermans off and get them cleaned and sharpened under warranty. Can't say I've ever heard of SOG.

Edit: Just found an old pic from the last thread we had on this.
Wow i like the look of the wave in the picture you posted, looks nice and chunky.

The Leatherman brand seems to be pretty much owning the SOG then, i heard the SOG is a lot better but it doesn't seem to have as many tools and the knife looks a bit too small to be of any use. I think it is going to have to be the Leatherman Titanium then, it should weigh a little bit less being titanium which is a bonus. Better yet i could get both :) , they're cheap enough from the states, i could prolly get both for the same amount it would be for one in a camping shop over here.

Mark

Soldato
OP
:D Ive just ordered a Leatherman XTI and a SOG Blink pocket knife from ebay. £82 total inc shipping, would have been a lot more over here, just got to cross my fingers i dont get stung by customs now, but i never have before so should be fine. I cant wait to get it, i love gadgets and stuff :D .

Mark

Soldato
I've got a Leatherman Squirt on my keyring, and a Leatherman Juice C2 that sits on my desk :) Both bought from Ebay as it was so much cheaper, and they're very good.

Soldato
OP
Well my multi tool turned up this morning, i went for the Leatherman charge TI in the end and im over the moon with it. I didnt expect each of the tools to be locked in place with liner locks. All the tools seem good quality and sharp. Thanks for all the replies chaps :) . It worked out at about £35 from the states :) .

img06133py.jpg

Mark

Soldato
Mark A said:
Well my multi tool turned up this morning, i went for the Leatherman charge TI in the end and im over the moon with it. I didnt expect each of the tools to be locked in place with liner locks. All the tools seem good quality and sharp. Thanks for all the replies chaps :) . It worked out at about £35 from the states :) .

Mark

£35, nice. was that from the big auction site?

Soldato
OP
Id forgotten all about this thread :D . It was indeed, look for flames and knives, i think it was called. Its an American seller but Ive ordered from them loads of times now and always get my delivery quickly and Ive never had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom