Best non backplate HSF?

Associate
Hi all,

Looking for a quieter HSF than stock intel for my server in a prodigy. I bought a Gelid tranquillo as i thought it would fit a backplate but it doesnt due to the components on the back of the motherboard so i need one that just has clips like the intel stock. This is going to be a christmas present so price can be anything up to like £25 but a quick browse tells me they are all cheaper anyway.

In summary, best HSF that only uses clips?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: OOH, 1000 posts made. YAY :D

Associate
OP
this one I'd say

YOUR BASKET
1 x Akasa AK-CC4007EP01 Nero 3 CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775/1155/1156/1366/2011/AMD AM2/AM2+/AM3/FM1) £23.99
Total : £29.96 (includes shipping : £4.98).

Not sure about noise.

Hyper TX3? Difficult, all push pin coolers are crap.

Thanks. High quality is not terribly important, it is only a G850 processor and rarely even sees much load. I just dislike the noise the stock cooler makes with its awful fan. I got Corsair SP fan laying about so that akasa HS with corsair fan could do the job.

Soldato
Thanks. High quality is not terribly important, it is only a G850 processor and rarely even sees much load. I just dislike the noise the stock cooler makes with its awful fan. I got Corsair SP fan laying about so that akasa HS with corsair fan could do the job.

It was mostly noise I was concerned about, but if you have a replacement fan (even the Gelid would probably be better), then it's all good. :)

Back
Top Bottom