Best phone call recording app?

Caporegime
Due to my tendancy to rush through "official" conversations I can often forget important information, and there are sometimes cases where businesses will say one thing on the phone and then dispute they said it which happened just recently.

So I would like to record conversations between me and organisations, essentially have a white list of most of my contacts like my friends, family, solicitors etc. while recording all incoming and outgoing calls from/to people not on my whitelist. I have used software to do this before and it was very helpful being able to go over doctors appointments etc and make sure I got all the important information down. But that was 10 years ago and now there are so many apps available I don't know where to start!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'll have a look but it's on my other phone.

It proved to a manager at a GP surgery that the Receptionist was telling lies.
It proved to Virgin that one of their staff had told me something.
It proved that a salesman from EE had told me something.
And an ex music colleague told my other band members that I'd had a very aggressive call with him concerning rehearsals so I sent it to him and the band members :)
It consisted of "Hi, can you not practice on Wednesday?" - "No I'm going to watch a band at the Sugar Mill" - "Oh OK" :)

Man of Honour
Debate over, just rang the wife on my S21 Ultra no mods and it recorded it.

callrecorder.jpg

and she rang me back

callrecorder2.jpg

This APP helped me to prove my GP receptionists were telling lies and I also got in a huge argument with an ex band mate who said I'd said certain things on a phone call and I played the conversation in front of all the other band members and he walked off embarrassed.

Last edited:
Associate
I understand the need to do this in some official settings but really do you want to be that person?

I'd recommend watching the Black Mirror episode The Entire History of You

Man of Honour
I understand the need to do this in some official settings but really do you want to be that person?

I'd recommend watching the Black Mirror episode The Entire History of You

I only installed it this morning to prove it works.
When I originally installed it on another phone for a particular reason I was being messed about by GP receptionists, I was able to play the Manager the recordings and they've never done it again.
I then forgot it was still on my phone when I had an argument with an ex bandmate, it was about 2 weeks later and I was getting more and more pee'd off with his lies that my wife said I might have recorded it.
OMG, that was awesome when I played it back.
So yes I'm glad I was that guy.

Back
Top Bottom