Best phone for mobile internet use?

Associate
Hi,

Considering a new phone... Which is best for mobile internet use? G1 (On T-Mobile) and iPhone (On O2) seem good... Which is best for mobile internet? Or would you suggest something altogether different?

Cheers.

EDIT: I'm after recommendations for both network and phone from the point of view of mobile internet? Which's best? Cheers.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm in the exact same boat as yourself and will be following this thread closely.

Personally I am swaying towards the Iphone but don't really fancy the 18 month contract.:rolleyes:

Soldato
AFAIK the latest mobile opera supports flash on Windows Mobile 6.1. So that would be the most featured browser. Theres pros and cons IMO to using buttons or a touch screen on a mobile device. Can be easier to click links using buttons and hotspots than using a touch screen. Though I have to say I like the iPhone browser experience. But the iPhone is lacking in many other areas so its a compromise. More features vs interface, best suited for purpose. Hard to call.

I'm on the fence myself, and looking to upgrade at the moment. Someone in work has the Omnia 900 and while its impressive, I think I prefer and iPhone or even a N95 for browsing. Guess its very subjective.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the replies.

So difficult... Will have to try both G1 and iPhone I think... And now with N95 thrown into the mix (On a much better contract, too) who knows!

Cheers.

Soldato
t mobile is the better network for data imho, having got both o2 and t-mobile data packages. Have you considered getting a netbook/web blogger? theres one with a built in 3G solt, and I'm considering it myself as I already have a n95 8gb.

Given the choice of the three phones, I would still have the n95 8gb as I find the iphone too big and have some very bad experinces with HTC/Windows based phones in the past, but I use it more of a modem.

Soldato
Another vote for the iphone3g.

Windows mobile does it... but it's really not an enjoyable experience. I'd only ever use it if I was REALLY stuck. The iPhone is enjoyable and I find myself just checking things on the net out and about / on the sofa etc...

Soldato
just get a net book and a mobile broadband usb dongle, 3 are doing a se k660i & dongle deal for £22/month(500mins/texts + 5gb/month mobile broadband).

Associate
OP
Thanks for all of the replies.

Having looked at the iPhone the contract is ridiculous for the money and I think I'll be giving that a miss.

I already have a netbook (Asus EEE 701) but do not carry it around with my often enough to bother with a mobile broadband deal on that.

Previously I had my heart set on the T-Mobile G1... At the moment I'm quite happy sat using my £10 sim-only 300 mins 300 texts Virgin deal, but now I've got interested in the phone the fact I'd be getting a much worse offer seems irrelevant :p

Reading on here even the C905 looks tempting now. Too many options!

Cheers.

Soldato
Also, they are rumours that Adobe are bring flash to the iPhone...

But at the moment they are just rumours.

Best thing to do, is go a to the o2 store, and T-mob, and check them both out.

Caporegime
Sony Xperia or HTC Touch HD? They are both very good, especially the HTC for internet, it has a bigger screen than the iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom