Best place to buy a car battery online?

Soldato
As per title thread, after you all mocked me on my euro car parts discount code thread.

The Volvo S60 is showing a low battery warning. I ran a metre over the battery and it's showing about 11 and a half vaults. The battery is the original Volvo battery which will be about 6 or 7 years old so probably needs changing. Thanks all in advance.

Man of Honour
I had a pleasant surprise a couple of weeks ago. The battery on our Astra just died (that wasn't the pleasant surprise). One day it was fine and two days later it didn't have enough juice to turn the engine over. I put a multimeter across it and it only read 10.5v so no wonder it wouldn't turn the engine. It appears to be the original battery going by the dates on it so is 15 years old. I went online to check prices and to be honest wasn't impressed by what I saw, especially as some add a huge surcharge due to where I live. Out of curiosity I had a look on Halfords web site and found that I could get a battery for £58 with a 3 year warranty. The downside was catching a bus into town to pick up the battery and then walk the last 3/4 of a mile up the hill with a 12kg battery in what turned out to be a very warm day. Fitted the battery and haven't had any problems since. On top of that Halfords recycled my old battery for free.

Soldato
OP
Hah, someone suggested giving my local Volvo dealer a call (wait....) And believe it or not they are actually pretty competitive on prices and they can get it in next day.

I tested the battery with the engine running and it read 13.8v so hopefully it's not the alternator.

The low battery warning actually didn't come on when I tested it just now so must be borderline.

Back
Top Bottom