Best place to buy new laptop LCD?

Associate
Just repairing a broken LCD screen on a friends laptop. Wanted to know where the best place to buy a replacement is. Ive had a look on the bay and cheapest I could find was £165. Bare in mind this is for a 17" LCD.

Thanks

Soldato
not much help im sure but tbh depending on the spec of your laptop you might be better selling yours as spares and buying a replacement laptop?

However as i understand it, the lcd is the most expensive single component of a laptop so the price might not be so bad? Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Associate
OP
Does it matter? All im asking is for the best place to buy. Im not going to throw a 2k laptop away whether it was brought 2 years ago or 6 years ago.

Soldato
Does it matter? All im asking is for the best place to buy. Im not going to throw a 2k laptop away whether it was brought 2 years ago or 6 years ago.

if it cost 2K 6 years ago I'd throw it away as it would be junk!

And the money would be better spent on a new laptop, but look at it like this, if it cost 2K last week and the screen is only £165 to buy, yeah just but it and fit it, whats the fuss? Obviously money isn't a problem!

I doubt Sony would sell you just the screen on the side, but contact them for either an in warranty or out of warranty repair, they'll charge you for the screen +fitting but then will come with a bit of a warranty hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom