best programming language to use for a windows application

Associate
Hey,

I am looking to start programming soon and i want to make a few windows apps for some testing and project stuff. I was going to pay someone on Fiverr to do it but I thought I would give it a go first.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Soldato
C# :).
/End thread.
Plenty of other options including python (scripting language), Java etc. I'm experienced with C# so find it easy to knock up tools/apps for stuff - it's my go-to language. I'm less experienced with the GUI app side of things but found it not too bad creating a couple small WinForms and WPF apps.
Microsoft offer Visual Studio Community Edition which is free but not for use if you intend to profit from anything you develop.

Man of Honour
C# :).
/End thread.
Plenty of other options including python (scripting language), Java etc. I'm experienced with C# so find it easy to knock up tools/apps for stuff - it's my go-to language. I'm less experienced with the GUI app side of things but found it not too bad creating a couple small WinForms and WPF apps.
Microsoft offer Visual Studio Community Edition which is free but not for use if you intend to profit from anything you develop.

I'd echo this.

Having never touched C# before I was used as a guinea pig for a programming test, overall I found it easy to get to grips with.

I'm not really a developer either although somewhat competent in a few different languages

Associate
Python, html, javascript, css, java/c# at same time.

Python easiest to learn - by this i mean easy to "do a bit of work", although few master it and generally take unoptimised code from google

Associate
End goal is c# - very in demand and salaries 35-60k. If youre brand new to coding its better long term not to dive straight into it.

Learn all your oop, multi-inheritance, decorators, wrappers, memoization, annotation, type coercion, robustness principle, generators etc in simplier languages.. Learn the beginner for loops before recursion etc

Back
Top Bottom