Best ram for gigabyte Z77 UD5

Associate
Hi got this motherboard waiting for ivybridge , thing is i noticed that kingston grey 2x4 gb kits are £30 was about to get a second set as i have 2 sticks already running in a 775 q6600 system at 1333mhz , i havent messed with the timings though they are the common 1600mhz rated here on overclockers .

However just browsing these forums some people are expressing concerns on sandybridge systems at running 4x4 gb , and lowering the voltage even on two sticks to under 1.6 volts .

Iv looked in the z77 manual and cant find no details specific to the recommended voltages , however the gigabyte website says it does have support for these modules , but that doesnt mean it is the best choice ?

Should I have concerns at getting another two ? should I be looking at using them at all ? would there be better alternatives for this board with lower standard power usage , this board will overclock ram iv just learnt from the gigabyte website although 1600 mhz is the top supported version .

What would be the best for this board , im not bothered if I dont use my existing kingston ram if there is better options , nor heatsink issues , as im using an antec 620 kuhler . though I do think low profile metal sinks are better than flash chunky plastic ones . Any suggestions please ?

Back
Top Bottom