"best" readily avalible non-alcoholic beer

Soldato
Because of the licensing laws in Sweden, they have a good few breweries who seem to have explored the lower ABV beers and made some rather nice ones in doing so. I can't recall any names (useful) but I'd punt on some Swedish ones being worth a shot.

Soldato
Would completely agree with the Heineken, only just posted the other day about it.

I would go as far as saying it tastes very much the same as their 'light' version.

Tastes of larger but without the sweet taste you get with others. Still also think Nanny State is great if you fancy a hoppy ale.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I've been on the bavaria this week. Gets a bit sickly after a while but not a bad thing as I shouldnt be drinking so much.

Only seen bav and becks in shops. Where can you get the brew dog, erdinger, and heineken variants?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Nipped up to Tescos and grabbed everything mentioned in the thread so far. Also got San Miguel 0.0!

Soldato
Sorry for the thread resurrection :o

Just tried Heineken's 0% offering. It's really nice. Defiantly the best alcohol free lager I have tried. It even has a Heineken taste to it.

Still not as good as the real deal, but it's a pleasant thing to drink a few cans of during a late night gaming sesh when you got work the next day but fancy some beers or whatever.

I got some samples and surprised by how it tasted. Probably the closest to the real thing of the alternative versions I've tried.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I found the Heineken a little too light and fruity.

The brew dog is my favourite, and the (lack of) calories is a massive cherry on top. Erdinger comes a close second.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I'm interested to see if anyone else has experienced this... oddity...

Been on the nanny state most weeknights and sometimes weekends for a couple of weeks.
Now going back to beer, I get a really vile after taste of alcohol at the end of the sip. Had it on Stella, Stella 4, and Peroni so far.

It's a blessing and a curse. The former because it will help me stop even more! But the latter because i wanna enjoy a real beer!

Soldato
OP
I'm interested to see if anyone else has experienced this... oddity...

Been on the nanny state most weeknights and sometimes weekends for a couple of weeks.
Now going back to beer, I get a really vile after taste of alcohol at the end of the sip. Had it on Stella, Stella 4, and Peroni so far.

It's a blessing and a curse. The former because it will help me stop even more! But the latter because i wanna enjoy a real beer!

I purchased 6x 330ml cans of Heineken 0%, and 6x 330ml cans of real Heineken, and I started by drinking 2 cans of the 0%, and then when I had a real one I did notice the alcohol twang and actually found it to be a little unpleasant, so I would agree with you there. However after opening the normal Heineken and getting a taste for that, the 0% didn't hit the spot anymore lol.

Cant please some people eh? The 0% stuff is always missing "something" and then when you get the real stuff the something tastes odd lol.

Associate
I'm a big IPA/Pale Ale fan. I happened to stumble upon a non alcoholic Innis & Gunn (Alcohol Free) Pale Ale in Tesco alongside the rest of their offerings.

Well, in my opinion it's absolutely disgusting. Tasted absolutely nothing like a pale ale. Of course, feel free to give it a go, it was being sold for £1.

The Warsteiner FRESH is a rather nice standard larger, I think it actually tastes pretty close to the real thing all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom