Best reasonably priced upscaler for a Sega Megadrive / N64?

Associate
I must admit that when I did not have the OSSC I was playing M.U.S.H.A a lot and I never found the lag to be a problem, actually I could not note lag at all. I only realized that it had an impact when I found that I was able to finish the game with the OSSC :). In your TV the lag is probably at least 100ms, but I would say that if you feel that everything is fine and responsive, it is OK.

Soldato
I must admit that when I did not have the OSSC I was playing M.U.S.H.A a lot and I never found the lag to be a problem, actually I could not note lag at all. I only realized that it had an impact when I found that I was able to finish the game with the OSSC :). In your TV the lag is probably at least 100ms, but I would say that if you feel that everything is fine and responsive, it is OK.
Is there a way to test input lag without having a CRT monitor side by side and running the 240p input lag suite test?

Associate
Is there a way to test input lag without having a CRT monitor side by side and running the 240p input lag suite test?

There are many ways but the suite test is actually good if you don't have a CRT or special equipment :). The page below contains a very simple test, if you can connect the screen to a PC with and without the upscaler and try it, you can get a rough idea of the lag the upscaler is introducing:

https://humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

Back
Top Bottom