Best Router for VM Media

Soldato
Some of the options above are just way beyond what I need but they look interesting to say the least.
I ended up go with a Tenda AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Router. Was pretty much plug and play and I haven't had a single disconnect since, was going to buy an Asus but after reading up it was 3 times the cost for not much added value as I'm not going to messing with firmwares etc...speed via Wifi has also increased massively as well. Cost was £59.49.

T9tvaMS.jpg.png

Nice, would you say it has better wifi coverage than the SH3 then? Is it pretty much, turn SH3 into modem only mode then plug in the Tenda router?

Soldato
Nice, would you say it has better wifi coverage than the SH3 then? Is it pretty much, turn SH3 into modem only mode then plug in the Tenda router?

That’s exactly how any router works with a SH in modem mode, WAN will be configured for DHCP and router is doing the rest.

Soldato
OP

It deffo has better coverage, it's non scientific but I can now get a good Wifi signal when I'm sat on the throne upstairs....previously I had to have my mobile data on to read the news in there..

Soldato
It deffo has better coverage, it's non scientific but I can now get a good Wifi signal when I'm sat on the throne upstairs....previously I had to have my mobile data on to read the news in there..

Out of interest what speed do you have? I saw that the tenda router only has a 100mb WAN port meaning you'll never get more than 100mb out of it. I'm on 400mb, so still on the hunt for a solution.

Soldato
Out of interest what speed do you have? I saw that the tenda router only has a 100mb WAN port meaning you'll never get more than 100mb out of it. I'm on 400mb, so still on the hunt for a solution.

As the op's posted a speedtest result showing he hit 418/36.9Mbit, they are clearly getting over 400Mbit, you're either looking at a different router model, or the information you have read is wrong.

Soldato
As the op's posted a speedtest result showing he hit 418/36.9Mbit, they are clearly getting over 400Mbit, you're either looking at a different router model, or the information you have read is wrong.

Good point , I was just going off the listing on the rainforest that says "1*10/100Mbps WAN port". I guess it's wrong.

Soldato
OP
Good point , I was just going off the listing on the rainforest that says "1*10/100Mbps WAN port". I guess it's wrong.

Its definitely a Gigabit port. Wired via desktop I'm get around 532Mbit as above for wireless. That wireless test was done on my Note 20 Ultra FYI via the 5Ghz network.
For clarity the below is a link to manufacturers website and info:

https://www.tendacn.com/product/AC19.html

WAN Port is rated 1*10/100/1000Mbps under the specs.

edit: also just realised I had a typo on my speedtest post stating 'AC1200* was supposed to be AC2100...sorry about that :D. I've edited it.

Soldato
Good to know thanks, just the rainforest in the wrong then which isn't a surprise. Going to pick it up too.

Edit: I just realised in your post you said AC1200 not AC 2100 which explains the WAN port difference, I was looking at the 1200 :D

Back
Top Bottom