Best RTX ITX GPU?

Soldato
Can get an idea of the noise from the Aero @ 5:45 into this video:

See if you can find a similar sound test with the Gigabyte and the two fan model you're looking at.

Also, undervolting (while still overclocking) is a very good thing, especially in tight cases with little airflow. Can really reduce the heat and noise.

Associate
OP
Can get an idea of the noise from the Aero @ 5:45 into this video:

See if you can find a similar sound test with the Gigabyte and the two fan model you're looking at.

Also, undervolting (while still overclocking) is a very good thing, especially in tight cases with little airflow. Can really reduce the heat and noise.
do you know this brand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHm9XuzBuo

what is the fan size on the aereo? i cant find that spec.

Soldato

Yes, KFA2 is also Galax in other parts of the world. I've had two KFA2 cards, both of which died around two years (mild overclock, no mining, just a lot of gaming, GPU temps were good but no way of knowing how hot the memory and VRMs were getting). They were budget models and I understand their better models are decent. But after my experience, I can see why they only slap a two year warranty on their products (to be fair most of their products tend to be cheaper) and that for my amount of usage I probably won't be touching them for a while. Experience of others will of course differ. KFA2's customer support was UK-based and they replaced a GTX 680 with a GTX 970 which was a nice touch, although it did take a while (seen the same can happen with other manufacturers so won't take points away from them for that - the 680 was EOL and not easily replaceable).

what is the fan size on the aereo? i cant find that spec.

The Gigabyte fan is quoted as 90mm on their website. The width of the card is 121.45mm. The width of the MSI ITX card is 127mm. So eyeballing it, the MSI fan looks to be one of their 100mm models. See if your eyes agree.

If that's any better in this case would depend on how much of the heatsink is directly under that area, and if that extra 10mm is going to waste or not. Both the Giga and MSI have four heatpipes. There won't be much in it either way, I should think.

Associate
OP
Both the Giga and MSI have four heatpipes. There won't be much in it either way, I should think.
Do you mean the itx version? Do you know how heatpipes have the mini evga 1060 sc? I have that and gets very hot quickly ( = loud)

also any else had a bad experencie from that brand galax?

Soldato
Do you mean the itx version?

Yes.

Do you know how heatpipes have the mini evga 1060 sc? I have that and gets very hot quickly ( = loud)

https://img.purch.com/evga-geforce-...tR1RYLTEwNjAtU3VwZXJjbG9ja2VkLUNvb2xlci5qcGc=

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-graphics-card-roundup,4724-4.html

The Zotac GTX 1060 ITX is extremely quiet despite having just the one fan and it doesn't even have heatpipes just a heatsink.

As the review above highlights, EVGA didn't succeed with their heatsink layout this time. The heat from the not well-cooled mosfets and memory spreads throughout the card.

You should undervolt it with Precision or Afterburner, and set a custom fan profile. Can work wonders. Can also fan mod it (add a couple of normal thickness 80/90mm fans) if you don't care how it looks with the shroud off, to reduce the noise even more.

Back
Top Bottom