Best savings account?

I just looked at the ”world” fund in my pension account, it’s heavily biased towards the uk.

theres a separate developed world fund ex uk, uk fund and developing world fund.

the issue with the way that my pension plans are setup is that there’s certain funds in the default plan that isn’t available that are extremely good, like the money markets that isn’t available to be able to be chosen if was to remove/switch from it.

I may just add additional funds, say split the default one and one that I put together 50:50.. then put in dev’d world at 43%, dev’ing world at 5% and uk at 2%.. but it’s something that I would need to think about.

Already got 20k in a ISA mate which is my years quota. Didn't know what to do with the rest ? So stuck it in Chip for now, if I go over my PSA I believe because I'm PAYE it will just adjust my tax code so no tax returns ( hopefully )

50K into premium bonds?

The best thing to do with it it is to live off it and pop what you would have spent from your salary into your pension, you should get tax and NI relief. But if you maxed out your pension allowance and ISA allowance, there's not many other routes.

I looked more into my own work place pension. It is currently using the Balanced Portfolio and the more likelihood is I change it to the Aggressive Portfolio.

I don't think they allow you to take it out to another provider so stuck with limited asset allocations via adjectives like 'growth' or 'aggressive'.

It does not seem to have performed that will in the last 5 years. I guess the benefits of the work one is the employer contribution and NI.

Back
Top Bottom