Best SFTP client?

Soldato
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get Transmit but before I do I wanted to check if there was anything out there that I didn't know about. I've looked at Cyberduck which also looks good but I think I still prefer the look of Transmit.

Then again there is Filezilla which is free and looks reasonable. Which client would you use?

Commissario
I bought CyberDuck a while ago when I had problems with an old version of Transmit. I do prefer Transmit though but it's just so expensive.

I don't like FileZilla, I've never liked the interface, it's never seemed intuitive to me.

Soldato
I just use the terminal, or more specifically iTerm2 as that's my terminal of choice. I use SCP more than any man should in the modern day and age at work, and I just find it much easier than a cumbersome GUI to use the keyboard on the terminal.

Soldato
OP
I bought CyberDuck a while ago when I had problems with an old version of Transmit. I do prefer Transmit though but it's just so expensive.

I don't like FileZilla, I've never liked the interface, it's never seemed intuitive to me.
Yeah the price is an issue but it is also a really useful tool so I'm prepared to spend the money if it is worth it.
Transmit for me.

I just wish it would do SMB connections, then it would be perfect.
Thanks. SMB would be a nice addition.
I just use the terminal, or more specifically iTerm2 as that's my terminal of choice. I use SCP more than any man should in the modern day and age at work, and I just find it much easier than a cumbersome GUI to use the keyboard on the terminal.
I would do on terminal but I'm not sure how to write a script for my use case.

Basically I need to write some software on Linux x86_64 which I can't do on my Mac because it is Apple Silicon. I could emulate x86_64 using QEMU but the speed is awful.

That leaves me two options. I can write my software on my Mac and upload it using SCP or SFTP or I could create an NFS network share on the Linux server and just treat it like a normal local directory by mounting it on my Mac. The only reason I'm not sure about this is because of security. I haven't used NFS in a proper way at all so I'm not sure what the pros and cons are.
CLI or FileZilla for SFTP. Cyberduck (with nag screen) for other protocols although i've yet to find a reason to justify spending $40/50 on Transmit.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom