Best surround sound headset for around £150

Soldato
Building a new rig so would like a new headset. Currently using the DT Pro 770 which are just audio headphones but I can wear these for like 12 hours with no issue, ears not getting hot etc... are there any headsets out there which are comfortable and can be worn for a long time without discomfort?

Thanks

Soldato
For closed ones DT770 should be one of the better ones for price so are you after bigger soundstage?
Open headphones like DT990 Beyers or AKGs have that.
Though of course at the expense of external sound isolation if you don't have quiet environment.

If it's microphone you're there's ModMic for turning any normal good headphones to headset.
Also Beyerdynamic's DT770-990 design is DIY modding friendly:
http://imgur.com/gallery/bKU4H

Headsets themselves are rarely comparable, at least without price taking jump.
Beyerdynamic MMX-300 (QPAD QH-1339 is custom version) is DT770 + mic and special product extra in price.
Cheaper ones tend to be based on lower model headphones.

And headphones with truck load of Chinese garbage drivers aren't any better.
Just getting that single driver to work well with headphone casing is always challenge, so multiple drivers don't make it easier.

Good stereo headphones and binaural sound are there for getting "3D" sound with headphones:
(Dolby Headphone is echo chamber)

Caporegime
get yourself a mic to go with them and it's a done deal

I ended up looking on massdrop to see if they had a drop for the new modmic and I found this.

Check out the Massdrop Minimic on @Massdrop: Stronger, More Modular & Half the Price. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-mini-mic?utm_source=linkshare&referer=6HW75F

Half the price of a modmic but with similar performance. Ordered. I'll use this for my PS4 and use the modmic with my PC. The modmic doesn't gel with the mixamp too well.

that is the mic to get IMO unless you want to spend double on a modmic for slightly better performance

Back
Top Bottom