• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best thermal paste

Soldato
Alpenföhn Permafrost 2 for me. :)

Which reminds me, how often do people re-apply thermal paste? And also does it have a shelf life (my tube is 3 years old now)? If I have to renew I may try out their Alpenföhn Blitzeis next (on par with Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut but cheaper apparently).

Last edited:
Associate

Which reminds me, how often do people re-apply thermal paste? And also does it have a shelf life (my tube is 3 years old now)? If I have to renew I may try out their Alpenföhn Blitzeis next (on par with Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut but cheaper apparently).
You need to reapply haha.

I just launch the thermal pad in and forget about it.

Man of Honour

Very rarely have to re-apply thermal paste if applied properly in the first place, some exceptions like earlier batches of certain Thermal Grizzly types which were needing redoing in a couple of years or so though supposedly they've fixed that. Typically I've not seen any noticeable degradation in performance until around 7 years or so, by which point most systems are past their useful life anyhow.

Properly stored shelf-life is usually 6-8 years though it can be hit and miss - I've found pastes which weren't useable past 3 years in a drawer and others fine at 10 years, etc.

Back
Top Bottom