Best time to get out of the Orbital today?

Suspended
Just inside the M25 at work today, got to get on it to get upto the M40 before driving to Birmingham, what do you reckon the latest I can leave and miss the rush - I reckon everyone will be leaving work early today and I don't want to spend the rest of my day stuck in traffic.

Only started work on Monday - this has to be the toughest challenge so far.

Rgds

Tom

Caporegime
Hahahahhahhaa.

No, but seriously - The rush starts in the morning on August bank holiday weekend.

From just inside the M25 / M40, you'll be wanting to leave at 3pm at the latest.

Suspended
OP
Borris said:
Hahahahhahhaa.

No, but seriously - The rush starts in the morning on August bank holiday weekend.

From just inside the M25 / M40, you'll be wanting to leave at 3pm at the latest.

Awesome - Cheers, never worked in London before so I'll be sure to bugger off by then

Soldato
If you are just inside the M25 then it shouldn't be too much to worry about. It doesn't make too much difference to my journeys down the M3 if I leave at 3, 6 or any time in between.

If I was coming from somewhere like Clapham then yes, I'd leave earlier because the South Circ would get snarled, but if you are straight on the motorway then don't worry.

The A40 is going to be your issue if you have to use it.

Associate
I paid for a van to move house, my mates are driving it all the way up the M1 to Notts, I think they will be leaving about 4, what good friends they are!

Permabanned
I've been on the M25 once on a friday afternoon - on my way to Bournemouth from Norwich. Really enjoyed the experience, don't know what the problem is with the M25. Had the chance to shout at a few southerners who couldn't drive, and smile at the ineptness of the rest of them.

Try driving in Paris - now there's a challenge.

Associate
andyp said:
I've been on the M25 once on a friday afternoon - on my way to Bournemouth from Norwich. Really enjoyed the experience, don't know what the problem is with the M25. Had the chance to shout at a few southerners who couldn't drive, and smile at the ineptness of the rest of them.

Were you drunk?

Back
Top Bottom