Best TV for outside

Soldato
So with the summer approaching I'm tempted to get a TV for the garden; it feels horrible having to go inside to watch sports and the like when it's a lovely day like today.

It'd just be put out when in use so waterproof whatever isn't an issue, and we've got loads of plug sockets everywhere, so it's more a case of screen brightness and - if they even exist anymore - having a matt screen rather than gloss so it doesn't reflect light as much. Equally it'll just be an HDMI into my laptop or Chromecast for displaying everything/anything so a matt monitor may suit if the price and size is right.

Anything from 32" upwards depending on price, which obviously given it's just a second TV for occasional use I'd like to keep to under £500 at max.

Soldato
OP
Wow, helpful. Considering I could buy second hand (and from the searches I've done it looks as though matte screens are confined to older models anyway) I don't think that's necessarily the case.

And I don't think you get how reflections work if you think a parasol will do much.

Caporegime
just get a cheap tv out of your local supermarket. like the 55" polaroid tv's for £299.

hisense is another shout.

basically avoid anything expensive or well made.

Caporegime
Wow, helpful. Considering I could buy second hand (and from the searches I've done it looks as though matte screens are confined to older models anyway) I don't think that's necessarily the case.

And I don't think you get how reflections work if you think a parasol will do much.

Take a monitor with a matte screen outside and try and view it in the sun - a TV isn't bright enough for this application regardless of screen coating. You can get high-brightness displays designed to be viewable in indirect sunlight, but not for the budget you have.

Back
Top Bottom