Best use of this space?

Mobster
Soldato
I'm painting this room so am looking at the audio situation at the same time.

I sit about 3M from the TV on the back wall (pictured). The TV is an LG B7 55 which I love and intend to keep. I previously had it wall mounted and will probably keep it wall mounted.

g5rniNO.jpg

Right now I have Monitor Audio MASS speakers and a Yamaha RX-V373 amp, which doesn't do 4K hence looking to upgrade. The Denon 3600H is on my list, or possibly the 4500H if I can get it discounted. What does OCUK recommend?

The sub is a BK Gemini II which I am happy enough with. Is this worth upgrading?

In terms of speakers, I am feeling an itch to upgrade to something better, so possibly some bookshelves and a new centre. I haven't used the surrounds for ages so am happy enough with 3.1 for now.

I am looking to get a new cabinet to stick all the equipment on and the IKEA BESTÅ (https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/besta-...stallarp-high-gloss-dark-red-brown-s39299103/) seems to be the big to get. This will fit nicely on the wall, which is about 215cm from one side to the door (pictured).

qzjtLuu.jpg

My plan would be to wall mount the TV above the cabinet and put the speakers on the top of the cabinet. Is this the best use of space and most importantly, would it sound good?

In terms of budget, I'm not fussed but the amp is around £1000 or so, so perhaps £2000 all in? The less, the better. I know there are several good bookshelves around £150-£200.

In terms of the speakers (assuming bookshelves are the thing to go for), I would be looking for something relatively compact that doesn't look silly in this room, which is quite small.

Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom