Best Vacuum cleaner under £250?

Tried allsorts of hoovers and nothing has ever been as consistent and robust as my Henry.

I'd probably go the anti-allergy industrial one (George?) but you can't go wrong.

Edited - £117 on ebay for the Henry anti-allergy version, can't complain at that! Ours is still going strong 12 years later and has been used to hoover up pieces of plaster and sawdust (no thanks to the builder) amongst general house/car use.

Last edited:
our dyson packed up last year and as a quick fix i bought a Panasonic Eco Max vacuum 1500w (350 air watts) for £67 and to be honest its a lot better at picking up dust and dirt than the dyson which was a suprise and the suction seems a lot stronger than any other vacuum we have had.

We have a Miele S2111, it's great and comes in about half your budget. It feels solid and has great filtration.

It got well reviewed but just missed out on a Which? best buy because apparently it's not the best for pet hair, so if you need to hoover up pet hair then a Miele S6210 (Best Buy) or one of the Cat & Dog models is a good shout imho at a bit closer to your budget - but still under.

Another advantage of the larger (than the S2111) Miele vacuums is the attachments go inside the cylinder.

Last edited:
Ebay
Bought a working S7210 for £20 last month,
First one was £169 and like new :)

Have to admit it is a darned sight easier and cheaper to repair a Dyson.
Any other make and you'd have to throw it away when it broke.

Henry will last you forever - the thing to remember about a henry is they have incredible suction and provided you maintain them, they will continue to have it forever.

Parts are cheap, bags are cheap and a cretin who doesn't know which side of the screwdriver to hold could mend one.

Miele are good you might only get 10-15 years before they become uneconomical to mend.

Have to agree that the Henry is durable and will last a long time, but the suction on my parents' Henry is nowhere near as powerful as my Miele, even from new.

Our Vax packed up the other day and I had settled on getting either the Miele S2111 or a Henry. Still not sure, but might just go for the Henry Micro as ongoing running costs are cheaper and our Vax was the same size as the Miele and if filled up far too easily.

we bought a SEBO after reading reviews that the Mieles were quite heavy and difficult to turn, and that they didn't have very long cables on them.

SEBO is great, cannot fault it :)

we bought a SEBO after reading reviews that the Mieles were quite heavy and difficult to turn, and that they didn't have very long cables on them.
Mieles are heavy (big motor and well built), but the S7 series pivots at the base, not as good as Dyson ball, but enough.

Cables are actually very long, 14m as opposed to Dyson 10m
Part of the reason I bought them, 10m is just 1m too short and very annoying. 14m is enough to do an entire floor of a big house.

Expensive isnt always best, i bought a Hoover PurePower PU2110 last year and it is fantastic. It has made the carpets look brand new and i live in a rented house. My girlfriend leaves threads everywhere that then gets trodden into the carpet, this thing cleared them up in one pass. It is cheap and parts are cheap too. It isnt a classy vaccuum and it is loud but if you want pure cleaning power then i 100% reccommend this one

Back
Top Bottom