Best Vacuum cleaner under £250?

Dyson are great until the filter starts to get blocked and it loses suction. It gets a bit tedious keep cleaning it to get full power back. I think a bagged vacuum is a better option than bagless overall. You can just fit the bag and forget about it, then dump it in the bin when its full, whereas a Dyson you have to empty it and get a cloud of dust in your face and keep cleaning the filter.

I'm not sure about other makes, but Miele use a material bag, rather than the paper ones. I have yet to notice any loss of suction, even when the bag is full and it compacts the dust, so lasts a lot longer than you'd think by looking at the bag. It might be a different story with a lot of pet hair though.

I'm not sure about other makes, but Miele use a material bag, rather than the paper ones. I have yet to notice any loss of suction, even when the bag is full and it compacts the dust, so lasts a lot longer than you'd think by looking at the bag. It might be a different story with a lot of pet hair though.

Like you said, as the bag fills it squishes it down into the bottom of the bag, that leaves the top third free of dust, allowing air to pass through as normal. It's no different sucking pet hair compared to any other dirt.

They are actually quite sophisticated, the bag is made up of umpteen different layers so it's really good at filtration, there is a second filter inside the casing and a third carbon filter by the motor along with a fourth pre-filter.
But the bag filtration is so good these hardly see any dirt at all, I've changed mine for the sake of it but they were still white.

Last edited:
I know it's way over budget. But I have a beagle so the hair is crazy!! had a Henry was rubbish I found. Paid 350 for my Dyson animal DC41 and oh my it's amazing! Picks up every bit of hair. Only thing is you have to empty it often.

Also Pretty sure Miele vacuums all come with two year warranty, £50 to extend to 10 year. We didn't bother as we were only spending £119 on the unit itself, but might make more sense higher up the range.

Its a subjective and tricky answer to find imo.

I bought the henry sure that thing is great, very durable, strong looks like it could fall out a window and keep ticking even but it also weighs a tank even for a muscular bloke like myself you will struggle to pull that tank around the home cleaning and get tired and forget the stairs or women using it. Mine went back after a week.

I also got the above Miele S8330 model linked above, Miele are great and awesome but had the same issue as above its a heavy beast and I found why its so tricky to move around on carpet around the house the wheel design is terrible, tiny plastic wheels which don't catch onto my carpet so you are left dragging it around the rooms even the £20 Asda Vacs have giant wheels which can move around better. It was quite surprising to me that Miele had such an poor design, maybe its just my carpet (which is average thick) but Its going on 3 different type carpets with the same issue, so back it went ! I don't see why I should use a £300 vac when a £20 vac moves better frankly.

Moved onto Dyson V8 absolute, you can get bargains on refurb models on the ebay dyson outlet got mine for £330 but 1 month after saw it for £280 recently.
Its great once you go cordless you won't bother going back the wire and weight of other vacs just makes it 100% a chore. The dyson stick vac is so light and easy to manage but its not going to be as powerful as the wired vacs but you can do your entire home in 10-20 minutes, it don't chuck any dust back in the air as you use it also and easy dirt removal straight into a bin.

The dyson is never going back.....

Sad as it is with vacs its a trial and error thing

Back
Top Bottom