Best value AM4 Water Block

Soldato
Hey guys,

I’m currently using an AIO to cooling my CPU, but a couple of threads on the radiator are stripped. I don’t think there’s any way to fix it. I do have a working loop that’s not hooked up, so I just want to get a water block.

I really don’t care what it looks like, so what’s basically the cheapest but actually functional AM4 water block? I did find the Barrowch M Series for £55, but I’ve never heard of the brand, which makes me a little nervous.

thanks in advance,

dirtychinchilla

Associate
I'm just swapping over my EK Velocity block to a Bykski AM4 CPU-XPR-AM-V2 for around £45. Bykski, Barrowich, Barrow are all Chinese manufacturers that make good quality items, IMHO. They don't have the names like Watercool, EK, Alphacool etc but they do a damn fine job without breaking the bank.

Typically you'll see a 2-3c difference between the highend blocks and the Bkyski's but that's good enough for me :)

Soldato
Alphacool Eisblock XPX waterblock is only around £42, performance is good and its a reputable brand. I have one and I'm very happy with it.

Associate
Some Aquacomputer are now optimized for new Ryzen, duw to the "spread" layout of the chiplets. Sadly not available at OC.
But as others said, the difference shouldn't be more than 2 or 3C.

Associate
They have blocks for TR4, but also for AM3/AM4.
For fine tuning, they have one version that allow to adjust the plate even more, but I don't think that would be necessary. A standard one, optimized for AM4 would have a large fin area, and the inlet would be further down the block, where most of the heat is generated.

Soldato
OP
They have blocks for TR4, but also for AM3/AM4.
For fine tuning, they have one version that allow to adjust the plate even more, but I don't think that would be necessary. A standard one, optimized for AM4 would have a large fin area, and the inlet would be further down the block, where most of the heat is generated.

Do you have a part number? I can't link to them and I'm obviously not looking at the right thing

Associate
cuplex kryos NEXT AM4/3000/5000, acetal/copper, sorry can't post competitor links, but searching for this will return the results you're looking for. The vario version allows to fine adjust the block, but I'm not sure it's worth, unless the CPU is badly levelled.

Soldato
OP
cuplex kryos NEXT AM4/3000/5000, acetal/copper, sorry can't post competitor links, but searching for this will return the results you're looking for. The vario version allows to fine adjust the block, but I'm not sure it's worth, unless the CPU is badly levelled.

Great, thank you. For an extra £50-60 for 2-3C it's probably not worth it for me. I'm not exactly using this PC for demanding work, just trying to keep my temps under control.

Now if they made a water block for the 2060 Super Mini, that would be wonderful.

Associate
I understand the appeal of the EK blocks, owned few of them, but they became quite expensive. Another brand you can go without regrets is watercool. Not available everywhere, but they're serious performers.

Soldato
OP
I understand the appeal of the EK blocks, owned few of them, but they became quite expensive. Another brand you can go without regrets is watercool. Not available everywhere, but they're serious performers.

Great, thanks for the recommendation. I started out just wanting a quiet computer, but the lure of low temperatures is quite strong :)

Soldato
Associate
I'm just swapping over my EK Velocity block to a Bykski AM4 CPU-XPR-AM-V2 for around £45. Bykski, Barrowich, Barrow are all Chinese manufacturers that make good quality items, IMHO. They don't have the names like Watercool, EK, Alphacool etc but they do a damn fine job without breaking the bank.

Typically you'll see a 2-3c difference between the highend blocks and the Bkyski's but that's good enough for me :)

Be interested to see your results from that swap.

Associate
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £88.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

This is one of the best rated as longas you dont care about RGB.

There have been a couple of second hand EK supremacy blocks for sale in the MM. Good block and you can get the AM4 back plate for about £3.

Can not stand RGB it is completely pointless and you end up spending more jusrt to get rid of it now days. will take a look. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom