• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best value GPU for 1440p gaming for the next 3 years?

Soldato
I'm currently putting together a new gaming PC based around AMD 7 7800X3D CPU. I'd like some recommendations on a GPU that will be good for playing mostly FPS's at 1440p with high detail for the next 3 years. My max budget is £800 but if I could get something closer to £500 that would be a win!

Thanks

something closer to £500 that would be a win!
4070 or 7800 XT are what I'd consider a decent entry level for 1440p cards now, if you can get either for around £450 they come out pretty well price/performance.

My max budget is £800
It depends on the price of the individual card, but often hard to justify anything nvidia between the 4070 Ti Super (16GB) and the 4070 non-Super (12GB), because you end up paying a really high price for 12GB of VRAM.

7900 XT as close to £600 as possible comes out pretty well overall, with the price, performance and 20GB VRAM.

Last edited:
Another vote for 7900XT. If it's for 3 years you want to be sure you won't run into VRAM issues so that 20GB is the one to go for. Price/performance beats out the other contender 4070Ti Super as well.

Back
Top Bottom