best way of connecting a yaber y30 projector with a bomaker tapio1 soundbar

Associate
hi i would like to find the best way of connecting up a yaber y30 projector to a bomaker tapio1 2.0 channel soundbar the soundbar has a optical connection it has a usb connector and a 3.5mm to two rca connectors on the soundbar plus it also has bluetoothas well

apparently the yaber y30 can accept bluetooth by buying a bluetooth transmitter if this is correct can you recommend a top notch bluetooth transmitter that would give me the best sound quality from the soundbar can the soundbar and projector that i mentioned above give me full sound that way thanks marcus need to no asap thanks

Man of Honour
Audio out jack on the projector > long bit of wire > audio in jack on the sound bar. No audio delay. Job sorted.

If you do decide to go for a BT 5.0 transmitter (connected to the projector audio out jack) to marry-up with the sound bar then be aware that you'll still get some lip sync issues. BT 5.0 is capable of better sound thanks to its ability to pass more data than previous versions, but it's not a given that it is low latency APTX. Even that still have a perceptible delay. A bit of wire doesn't unless the distances are colossal.

The best you'll get by paying for Low Latency APTX is an audio delay of 32ms. Remember too, APTX LL in just the transmitter won't cut it. The receiving device needs to be APTX LL too otherwise you're dealing with standard BT 5.0 latency, so anything from 80 to 100ms at a guess. Compare this with a bit of wire:

To make a 32ms delay require 400 miles (yes, four hundred, that's not a typo) of cable. This is equivalent to the best from APTX LL

80ms of BT 5.0 delay is the equivalent of 1000 miles of copper cable.

Associate
OP
hi can you send me a direct link please to the bt 5.0 transmitter please

also can you tell me the exact name of the cable your talking about that goes from the projector to the soundbar and send me a direct link to the exact cable i need and also do i need 2 cables or just one thanks marcus please reply asap

Associate
OP
SONRU Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver, Bluetooth Audio Adapter Digital Optical TOSLINK RCA 3.5mm Audio Cable for TV/Home Stereo System Low Latency will this do the trick also i noticed on the soundbar it has optical as well and how exactly do i connect it up thanks

Associate
OP
or can you recommend an exact model name of bt 5.0 transmiter that will give me the best sound quality from the projector and soundbar and exactly how to connect it up thanks

Man of Honour
I'm not sure you're really following the points I made in the earlier post, so sure, get the Sonru. Connect it to the 3.5mm headphone-type AUDIO OUT socket on the projector. Set the Sonru to transmitter mode. (This is the other setting. The NOT-as-a-receiver setting). Then pair it with the sound bar. Read your instruction manuals for more detail.

Man of Honour
i can only see aux input is what it says in the manual not 3.5mm audio out?

You wrote that you have a Yaber Y30 projector. Have a look at post #2 in this thread. See in the first line where the word projector is underlined? That's a hyperlink. Click on it. It will open a link to a review of the Yaber Y30. I went online and spent time looking up details of the Yaber Y30 because you never put anything more useful than the product name in your OP.

Once the review of the Yaber Y30 is open, scroll down looking through the pictures. Find the one with a blue-coloured connector marked "PC-RGB". See in that same image the two connections to the left. One is marked "Audio-out". It is a 3.5mm jack audio out connector. This is where you would connect the Sonru transmitter.

If your Yaber Y30 is not the same as the Yaber Y30 in the review then there's not much anyone can do to help you until you post images of your own machine and a link to the user manual.

You see, the mainstream projector brands such as Optoma, Benq and Epson don't change their product design without changing the model number along with it. This means if anyone posts a review with pictures then what's seen in those pictures will match the model for all the examples sold. If the makers of your Yaber 30 decided to change the design, or you listed the wrong model name, then you should post pictures and a link to the manual.

If there's no audio out on your Yaber Y30 then you're stuffed. It won't matter which BT 5.0 transmitter you buy, if there's no "give-me-audio-out-from-my-projector" socket to connect it to then you're not getting sound out of this projector.

Before you ask, the answer is No, you can't use the audio-in or AV-in socket if present. These are normally "let-me-send-a-sound-signal-in-to-my-projector" sockets. Mainstream projector manufacturers don't make sockets where the function doesn't match the labelling. This means that if a socket is an output then the labelling includes the word "Out", and if it's an input then it includes "In", and if it was bi-directional, and controlled by changing some menu setting, then the label for that socket would read something like "audio-in/out". The signal connection sockets on bits of hardware are not clairvoyant; they won't change from an In to an Out simply because that's the connection you want today.

is there a way i can connect both projector soundbar and sonru using optical connector

For what benefit? For a simple stereo audio signal then Optical is no better or worse than analogue via the 3.5mm jack on the sound bar. They're the same quality.

If you manage to get sound out of the projector via a 3.5mm stereo audio jack then it will be analogue stereo. To connect that to the Optical input on the sound bar means converting stereo in analogue form as an electrical signal to stereo in digital form as light pulses. It's still the same information, the same base quality; just repackaged to suit an optical connection.

In simpler terms, you'll spend money on a box to convert analogue stereo to digital stereo via optical, for no improvement in quality, but now you'll even more cables and junk about to do what could have been done simpler and just the same quality with an audio cable with a 3.5mm jack on each end.

"But optical can carry a 5.1 surround signal whereas analogue stereo can't, so isn't that better?"

Sure, optical is capable of a full 5.1 channel surround signal, but only when all the following conditions are met:

- both the source device and the receiving device have optical connections (and they're connected by a working optical cable and the optical input is selected)
- the disc/game/film/TV programme carries a Dolby Digital of DTS 5.1 audio signal
- the source menu selections enable the output of a bitstream signal via Optical
- the receiving audio device has the speakers to play a 5.1 signal (A sound bar that is stereo only cannot make full use of a 5.1 signal because it doesn't have the correct speaker configuration)
- the menu settings on the audio receiving device do not defeat any ability to replay discrete 5.1 in either DD or DTS

When the sound bar is purely stereo - as is the case with the bomaker tapio1 2.0 channel soundbar (the clue to stereo "2.0" is in the model description) - then stereo via Optical is all you'll get, and that will be the same quality as stereo via a 3.5mm jack. No difference.

When the source device - your projector in this case - only has 3.5mm analogue stereo out then that's the best you're going to get. Converting it to optical won't improve things.

The final word here; stereo via a 3.5mm-to-3.5mm jack cable will be better than Bluetooth 5.0.

Back
Top Bottom