Best way? Switching desktop to another monitor/M&KB

Soldato
Hello,
My main computer is currently plugged into my TV where I use it from the sofa with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

I have a desk to my left that has a monitor with a wired mouse and keyboard. I've been playing way too much Valorant lately and quickly discovered I needed to sit at the desk to play.

Is there an easier way rather than manually setting things each time to say be on my sofa watching Youtube and then using the least amount of clicks have the desktop shift to the other monitor and the wired mouse and keyboard? I know how to do it all manually but was wondering if there was an easier more efficient way? Having just an extended desktop is ok but gets annoying when inevitably something like discord opens on the TV as opposed to the monitor and I have to faff about switching it etc

Any help appreciated.

Associate
When you say manually changing it how are you doing it at the moment, via "Display Settings"? If you just want to switch from one screen to the other you can use Win+P

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the quick response, this does do 99% of what i'm after but the only annoying thing is I have to keep the extended desktop on the desk monitor as I also have the computer connected to an AV receiver which has to be an 'extended desktop' for the sound to work. Still better than doing it manually each time! I also used to use this Win+P feature many years ago and completely forgot it existed lol

Back
Top Bottom