Best way to clean a filthy keyboard

Soldato
OP
Wow i would have just binned that .Wanna come clean my car ? :)
Trust me, you don't want me to wash your car! It seems my talents end at keyboards :D

Glad to see it all worked out bud, all the keys nice and minty now? ;)
haha thanks matey, they were never too bad, it seems the minty goodness left after I wiped them down to dry them :(

Highly recommend the Steradent method to anyone else wanting to clean their keys though :D

Soldato
Wow that really was filthy!

I remember giving my keyboard a deep clean a couple of years back, whipping all the keys off to soak in water, and then taking out the tray that holds the keys to give it a proper clean, it looked as good as new. Although within 6 months it had clogged up with dust again.

Associate
After removing the keycaps, one could also use blu-tak and press it in between the spaces between caps. Gets rid of all the nasty hair and gunk that is usually too stubborn to pull out.

Keyboard cleaning is a yearly ritual for me. :D

Caporegime
I just done mine,

Put all the keycaps in a hot water and all purpose cleaner solution and then vacuumed and cleaned around the switches etc with Qtips and more APC.

I had all sorts of crap under my keycaps from hairs and pubes to chocolate and cookie bits and green stuff and I even think I saw something move.

IMG_20170507_154651886_zps8bsqgtz7.jpg~original

1st time I've cleaned it since buying this keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom