Best way to discourage cat from doing its business in my garden

Associate
Got a neighbours cat using my garden as a toilet, front and back gardens, anyway, wife and mother-in-law managed to tread in some and walk it into the house at the weekend. When wife confronted owner of said cat she was just told cats will do what cats will do and had the door slammed in her face.

Anyway, as I have asked this elsewhere and have been told much the same thing from cat owners I thought I would ask here - I don't want to do what many non cat owners have suggested but do want to stop this cat /independent creature.

In the back garden we have one of those cat sensor deterrent things, doesn't seem to do a lot. Have also spent £50+ on curry plants and the crystal smelling deterrents yesterday, also cleaned up the mess left behind from last nights visit - caught 2 year old daughter trying to stick it in her mouth, so what do people reccomend for getting rid of cat?

Matt

Associate
OP
Think I will stick to the curry plants and the garden smelling of other assorted chemicals to try to deter said cat, before resorting to anything more extreme.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom