Best way to siphon fuel (legally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I need to get about £35 pounds worth of petrol out of my car before it is collected by the scrap man.

What's the best way to do this?

Cheers,

Jon

Caporegime
Disconnect the fuel line from whatever it goes to . YOu dont mention what car it is so im just guessing you can do this.

Then keep turning the ignition on and off to prime the system(pump fuel out of the pipe into a petrol can)

Soldato
Enfield said:
Stick a hose pipe in there and suck on it. You'll get a mouth full of petrol though. This is how my dad did it lol.

I imagine it's not that simple on anything more recent than 10-15yrs old. (I don't know what car Jon has)

Soldato
All you need to do is get a tube, put it in the fuel tank and then suck on the tube until you see the fuel almost getting to your mouth (see through tube is handy here). Then quickly put the tube down to ground level in a bucket.

The weight of the fuel in the pipe will pull more fuel in to it and therefore it will just keep flowing out until the tank is empty.

But you'll probably end up with a mouthful of fuel because that just always happens no matter how careful you are. :p

Soldato
Enfield said:
Hilarious.

Stick a hose pipe in there and suck on it. You'll get a mouth full of petrol though. This is how my dad did it lol.

See what you do is when sucking hold the pipe above the level of the petrol and then when it gets close to you, cap the pipe with your thumb and then place the pipe lower than the level of the petrol and let go..

Soldato
Put a plastic (bendable) tube all the way down to the tank, put the other end in your mouth, suck untill the petrol is near, quickly cover it with your hand to not let air in, put the tube all the way down into a bucket on the ground, and done, petrol is getting into bucket.

Sry for my poor explanation, not that good in english.

Soldato
Not sure what its called but i got a type of valve at a hardware store, its about the size of a cigarette liter. Open at both ends it has a ball-bearing in one end and the other end attaches to a tube. Drop it into your tank, make sure the recepticel is lower and shake it vigorously to get the fuel flowing.

Soldato
OP
Mackass said:
Go for a long and very spirited drive. ;)

I'd be keeping the car if the engine han't thrown its lunch up. :p

It's an M reg rover 416.

I think the hosepipe suggestion is best. I just need a big container to put it in. :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom